Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2018, 10:20 AM

42,742 posts, read 25,916,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
I think history is a pretty good indication of the future. Democrats have been in control for a while.
Are taxes lower? Are there less homeless? Is San Francisco cleaner than it had been? Are license plate fees lower? Are there less illegal immigrants? Is housing more affordable?
That's our future.
Did any of that happen when Republicans were in charge? Californian's won't support Republican politicians who tie themselves to Trump, voted for his tax plan, voted to kill the ACA, support offshore drilling and deny climate change. As soon as R's figure that out and change their platform they will certainly find that they have a place at the table. And it's not just California, Nevada fired Trump's lapdog Heller, that's something the RNC didn't even see coming.

Old 12-02-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I was many years ago a baby. I was allowed to live. Now that I am alive here on the Earth, I have to say, I am thankful that my mom did not have an abortion. Anyone here wish that their mom had chosen to abort?
Babies are not aborted, non-viable fetuses are, so that ^ is just drama

Old 12-02-2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Dems let ton of illegals flood into California and allows them to vote
Sure they do, it happens every day. Democrats line up at the border and assist people in crossing into the US, that's just plain silly. You want to stop illegal immigration then we start with mandatory e-verify something that Republicans refused to even vote on in 2006, 2013 and 2018.

Old 12-02-2018, 10:33 AM

21,599 posts, read 16,097,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
Listen captain of industry, we get it. You're an old liberal.

You seem unwilling to see the world around you. I'm out.
Hilarious ... from a synopsis of Hoffer’s ‘True Believer’:
Quote:
Hoffer claims that “It is the true believer’s ability to ‘shut his eyes and stop his ears’ to facts that do not deserve to be either seen or heard which is the source of his unequaled fortitude and constancy.
Now, who is most famous in this time for ignoring facts? Science, not the least. How many spectators at his inauguration, one of the funniest. A list of thousands of lies defiant of truth documented on tape and video.

And who in this discussion supports the telling of those lies? Which of us has “shut his eyes and stop[ed] his ears’ to facts”?

In anyone who tells the truth and points out the amoral hypocrisies of your exalted one - you see “an old liberal.”

Here are a few of my compatriot old liberals:
G.H.W. Bush, G.W.Bush, Jeb Bush, Jeff Flake, Bob Corker, John Kasich, Ben Sasse, David Brookes, Bill Kristol ....
... I can type out names like these all day.

Old 12-02-2018, 11:12 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,263,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Sure they do, it happens every day. Democrats line up at the border and assist people in crossing into the US, that's just plain silly. You want to stop illegal immigration then we start with mandatory e-verify something that Republicans refused to even vote on in 2006, 2013 and 2018.
Everify is not going to prevent people from crossing the border illegally. You start with a wall.

I know your point is to take a jab a Republicans, but are you writing letters to Democrats to support everify? To not support illegal immigration?

Old 12-02-2018, 11:22 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,132,754 times
Quote:
Babies are not aborted, non-viable fetuses are, so that ^ is just drama
You need to look up the definition of non viable fetus

Old 12-02-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
You need to look up the definition of non viable fetus
No I don't, I know exactly what it is.

Old 12-02-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Everify is not going to prevent people from crossing the border illegally. You start with a wall.
I know your point is to take a jab a Republicans, but are you writing letters to Democrats to support everify? To not support illegal immigration?
Start putting employers in jail who hire illegals and require mandatory e-verify. You do that and the magnet that causes people to come here illegally is gone. But have no fear, that won't happen because legislators are paid off by agra, poultry & meat processors, construction trades and the hospitality industry to make sure that there is a steady stream of cheap labor.

The wall is just red meat for the base, most illegals enter through a port of entry and unless you are going to shut them all down the 'wall' won't do jack.

Old 12-02-2018, 11:38 AM

24,326 posts, read 26,725,717 times
Quote:
Start putting employers in jail who hire illegals and require mandatory e-verify. You do that and the magnet that causes people to come here illegally is gone. But have no fear, that won't happen because legislators are paid off by agra, poultry & meat processors, construction trades and the hospitality industry to make sure that there is a steady stream of cheap labor.

The wall is just red meat for the base, most illegals enter through a port of entry and unless you are going to shut them all down the 'wall' won't do jack.

So you support open borders, illegal immigration and then making it impossible for them to make a living besides resorting to a life in crime?

The magnet in the US is Democrats calling for benefits for illegals, open borders, anti-deportation.

Old 12-02-2018, 01:11 PM

9,808 posts, read 11,060,638 times
Quote:

Well ok, but many (if not most) Democrats want to abolish or at least weaken ICE whereas your idea (which has been out there for many years) requires a huge increase in ICE.

Law enforcement is not exactly the Dem's strong suit so you'll excuse my skepticism. After all, we were just recently told that concern over the caravans (and the possibility they will become common place) is fear mongering; that the caravan is far away; that it is just women and children; that they just want a better life; that the US foreign policy is responsible for Honduras' poverty anyway; that the US has a "moral duty" to take them in; that the US hates brown people; that the caravans were not in any way coordinated; that the current administration likes to shoot tear gas canisters at innocent brown women and children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California