Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2018, 07:20 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,376,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
How many abortions are paid for by the government? Got a figure?

And isn't it interesting that the party that is "pro-life" is also the party that attempts to slash every program available for that child once he or she is born, as well as those programs that would benefit the child's mother?

And if men could get pregnant, effective birth control would have been available in the middle of the 20th century.
You mean by the middle of the 20th Century BC

Old 12-05-2018, 07:25 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,376,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Ca. has 1/3 of the nation's Welfare recipients. It's an embarrassment to most of the rest of the country. Freeloaders/illegals flocking to it. They typically vote democrat. Democrat leaders don't care about our immigration laws. They want illegals which leads to amnesty and votes. Millions of Whites have left the state. Most Whites support Republican leaders while most non-Whites support Democrats.
Yep California is an absolute basket case economically. A national embarrasment. A strong safety net...oh, the humanity! And to think they have what would be the world's fifth largest economy if they were a spvereign nation and are the nation's leading center of innovation. They really should follow the lead of such deep red states as Mississippi or West Virginia!

Old 12-05-2018, 08:35 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
You mean by the middle of the 20th Century BC
No, actually. Few major medical breakthroughs were discovered before the middle of the 20th century (e.g. penicillin, the polio vaccine) so it would be unlikely that a fool proof, 100% effective birth control method would have been available before then.

Old 12-05-2018, 10:51 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Ca. has 1/3 of the nation's Welfare recipients. It's an embarrassment to most of the rest of the country. Freeloaders/illegals flocking to it. They typically vote democrat. Democrat leaders don't care about our immigration laws. They want illegals which leads to amnesty and votes. Millions of Whites have left the state. Most Whites support Republican leaders while most non-Whites support Democrats.
If you are going to post, please try to be accurate. About 1/4 of the nations homeless live in California but measured as a percent of the population, California comes in third

Quote:
Among states, Hawaii led the country per capita, followed by New York (45 homeless people for every 10,000 individuals); Oregon and California (both had 34 homeless people per 10,000); and Washington (29 homeless per 10,000). HUD: Hawaii still No. 1 in per capita homeless
And your "most whites support Republican leaders", well that was wrong too

About half of white voters (51%) identify with the GOP or lean Republican, while 43% identify as Democrats or lean Democratic Wide Gender Gap, Growing Educational Divide in Voters

Old 12-06-2018, 08:01 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
No, actually. Few major medical breakthroughs were discovered before the middle of the 20th century (e.g. penicillin, the polio vaccine) so it would be unlikely that a fool proof, 100% effective birth control method would have been available before then.
Oh, they had it centuries ago. Eunochs.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:27 AM

872 posts, read 595,907 times
Seriously needs to be considered and modernized!! Predictive analysis is accurate to small percentages of a degree these days.

Old 12-06-2018, 01:09 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Max ... police are almost never there when crimes occur. They are called to respond. But not when victims and witnesses are afraid of the cops.

Your priority to rid the nation of illegals is admirable ... but silly ... there are 11 million of them. Most of them working and well integrated into communities. Just clearing them all out is more disruptive than helpful.

I do agree they shouldn’t be here and the whole mess shouldn’t be tolerated to continue. But it needs to be unraveled through staged policy that includes stopping the in-flow.

I didn’t propose any strawman. Not sure you understand what a stawman is, the way you wrote that. I said, rather than battle over articles that each other could call biased, I’ll go straight to reporting from a conservative leaning source and community, to quote their police chief who cited stats his department monitors and which align in his department’s experience with the larger, academic study cited.

Have no idea where you got “unregistered patriots” ... but I sure am curious to hear.

The only way police “interact with criminals daily” is if they are called, as I pointed out earlier.

The question remains: why are you protecting criminals by ignoring the need for the community to report and identify them? My priority is law enforcement at the community level first.

As to how I “align”? Lol. No, you haven’t got a clue bub. Because you are too focused on “aligning” everyone based on whether they agree with you or not. If they don’t: they are libruls! And you never go past that to understand the position for the disagreement.

I despise Trump .: therefore .: I am a liberal ... in your mind. Even though I can cite conservatives all day and night who despise Trump.

Hillary was the worst candidate the Dem’s have ever fielded for POTUS. Ever.

I am so states’ rights I think the whole country needs to be realigned into independent commonwealth regions that share common defense, trade, and citizen benefits.

I am so anti-immigration I think nearly no one should be allowed to come to America.

I am bullish on maintaining a powerful military.

I support complete elimination of ALL welfare programs - to be replaced by UBI paid equally to every adult citizen regardless of wealth.

But because I think single-payer, government controlled medical coverage for all is necessary ... ba-da-bing ... in your mind I align “librul”.

No brotherman ... I align with logic, science, and anthropology.
Do you want to let give leeway to one set of law breakers to capture others. Why do you support law breakers?

Old 12-06-2018, 01:12 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,047,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by semispherical View Post
If the Republicans would go back to their traditional stance of being the party of fiscal responsibility and smaller government, they'd get more traction in diverse, non-gerrymandered states like CA. Instead, what the Republicans are peddling as their current party platform is a combination of scary assaults on the civil rights of anyone who's not a straight white Christian male, unraveling even the minimum social safety net we have in this country (started with the ACA and are now working on dismantling the Great Society and New Deal programs), removing even modest environmental protections -- including pretending, ostrich-like, that global warming doesn't exist while CA goes up in smoke, and enriching the already fabulously wealthy with more tax advantages while the above-mentioned goal of fiscal responsibility get kicked to the curb. And don't get me started on the crazy and disruptive international maneuvers.

So gosh, what's not to love?
What a bunch of BS! You're not an informed person.

Old 12-06-2018, 01:28 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,287,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
What a bunch of BS! You're not an informed person.
so cutting taxes and increase spending at the same time is responsible government?

or your version of responsible government is gutting everything except salaries to congressmen?

Old 12-06-2018, 01:44 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Do you want to let give leeway to one set of law breakers to capture others. Why do you support law breakers?
I don’t support lawbreakers. I prioritize community safety and law and order. It is your position that supports law breakersby creating a community that won’t report them. You read what the police chief of Salt Lake City had to say.

My first concern is stopping violent and property crime.
Yours is crossing a border without authorization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California