U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 04-06-2008, 07:14 AM
 
Location: uk
3 posts, read 6,394 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Hi. Im seriously planning to move from the UK to California but i really dont know where to start! It will be just me and my suitcase if you get my drift!
Is it best to secure a job before travelling or shall i move first then job hunt.? Please help. I need to GET AWAY!
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-06-2008, 08:40 AM
 
Location: Las Flores, Orange County, CA
26,362 posts, read 55,988,069 times
Reputation: 16423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy-finder View Post
Hi. Im seriously planning to move from the UK to California but i really dont know where to start! It will be just me and my suitcase if you get my drift!
Is it best to secure a job before travelling or shall i move first then job hunt.? Please help. I need to GET AWAY!
Why do you want to move?
Why California and not Alaska, Mississippi, or Iowa?
Is this a permanent move? Did you check out visas and immigration information? (There are lots of previous post on this by the way.)
What line of work are you in?
Has anyone ever in the history of City Data Forum recommended that it is preferable to move without at least trying to secure a job first?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2008, 07:29 AM
 
Location: uk
3 posts, read 6,394 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Why do you want to move?
Why California and not Alaska, Mississippi, or Iowa?
Is this a permanent move? Did you check out visas and immigration information? (There are lots of previous post on this by the way.)
What line of work are you in?
Has anyone ever in the history of City Data Forum recommended that it is preferable to move without at least trying to secure a job first?
Im choosing California because there is someone there whom i wish to be close to. I m a Health care support worker ( Auxillary nurse) and i would love to begin my new life in CA. I havnt checked out Visas and immigration yet as im still not sure where to start with the move.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2008, 07:32 AM
 
Location: uk
3 posts, read 6,394 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy-finder View Post
Im choosing California because there is someone there whom i wish to be close to. I m a Health care support worker ( Auxillary nurse) and i would love to begin my new life in CA. I havnt checked out Visas and immigration yet as im still not sure where to start with the move.
Im also looking for the QUICKEST way to move and im not familliar with the time it will take to go through immigration.!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2008, 10:26 AM
 
Location: Whiteville Tennessee
8,257 posts, read 11,340,566 times
Reputation: 9756
The 1st thing I would do is check to see if there is reciprocity between UK and California regarding your nursing license. If immigration dept. thinks you have a good chance for a job they will be less strict.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2008, 02:19 PM
 
175 posts, read 560,469 times
Reputation: 43
They are very strict about outside workers coming into the states now. If you can get a visa you have to return every 6 months to renew it. Better do your homework before you set your heart on it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2008, 03:54 PM
 
19 posts, read 82,539 times
Reputation: 23
As far as I know, medical workers get work visas very easily. Check the immigration site for details or look at this site I came across. You might want to email them for a free consultation US Immigration Lawyer Services - Apply Online: H-1B, K-1 Fiancee Visa, US Citizenship, and More.. Good luck to you!
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top