Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 08:41 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,458,634 times

Advertisements

Bay Area exodus: Here are the companies that have moved headquarters or opened offices out of California

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranc...ters-move.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 09:39 PM

3,149 posts, read 2,695,105 times
LOL.
Failing "companies" who either are somebody's nephew who couldn't afford the Bay Area or crappy exploiters who needed cheaper labor and lower real-estate prices to manage to stay in business.

Wishful thinking, Dave. Go back to the Texas board and talk about whatever there is in Texas. Skeeters and oil, I guess.

Like this nonsense:
Automattic
was in: San Francisco
now: Work from home

Or: Mithril Capital Management

Yeah, a "capital management" company named after a Dungeons and Dragons armor. Super legit. Some trust fund baby deciding to close his 200sqft "HQ", because he's mad at dad cutting off his MJ money, and work from his Mom's basement in Tennessee.

What a joke! Thanks for the laugh. Call us when SpaceX or Google leave. Haha.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:15 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,746,637 times
Dave, you should be glad. Now all those immigrants you say will flow from India when the working visa limits are removed won't be coming to California...

Old 03-07-2019, 01:09 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,458,634 times
This new article says the contrary but that is the case with a lot of articles and statistics.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/07/s...isco-rich.html

Old 03-07-2019, 04:51 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,177,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
LOL.
Failing "companies" who either are somebody's nephew who couldn't afford the Bay Area or crappy exploiters who needed cheaper labor and lower real-estate prices to manage to stay in business.

Wishful thinking, Dave. Go back to the Texas board and talk about whatever there is in Texas. Skeeters and oil, I guess.

Like this nonsense:
Automattic
was in: San Francisco
now: Work from home

Or: Mithril Capital Management

Yeah, a "capital management" company named after a Dungeons and Dragons armor. Super legit. Some trust fund baby deciding to close his 200sqft "HQ", because he's mad at dad cutting off his MJ money, and work from his Mom's basement in Tennessee.

What a joke! Thanks for the laugh. Call us when SpaceX or Google leave. Haha.
Yea it's real funny that companies are leaving Ca. Don't think Sacramento is agreeing with you but they'll never comment on it. Toyota left LA, Karl Karcher left OC. Boeing is a fraction of what it was here. Still laughing???

Old 03-07-2019, 06:03 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Yea it's real funny that companies are leaving Ca. Don't think Sacramento is agreeing with you but they'll never comment on it. Toyota left LA, Karl Karcher left OC. Boeing is a fraction of what it was here. Still laughing???
Yes. I am. Those companies leave and the state economy continues to roar on surpassing all others. I wish it wouldn’t, as I keep saying, but there’s still humor in “the sky is falling!” outcries.

How many times do folks like you need it pointed out: businesses move all the time all around the nation and world ... for many reasons. Have a martini and a joint. Watch some funny shows. Enjoy your days.

California doesn’t need to hold on to every resident and business in order to be a nice place to live and enjoy life.

Old 03-07-2019, 06:07 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yes. I am. Those companies leave and the state economy continues to roar on surpassing all others. I wish it wouldn’t, as I keep saying, but there’s still humor in “the sky is falling!” outcries.

How many times do folks like you need it pointed out: businesses move all the time all around the nation and world ... for many reasons. Have a martini and a joint. Watch some funny shows. Enjoy your days.

California doesn’t need to hold on to every resident and business in order to be a nice place to live and enjoy life.
Exactly. Have a Coke and a smile.

Old 03-07-2019, 06:13 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,254,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
LOL.
McKesson is on that list and nothing you just posted is the reason why they are moving.

It only makes sense as to why companies leave. CA is notoriously know for being anti-corporation and not business friendly like Texas is.

Old 03-08-2019, 06:16 AM

716 posts, read 539,193 times
Sapce X is in Texas right now

also you cant have a Coke with star in calif due to politicians telling you stats are bad

alot of companies moved out of Calif not just for lower taxes but just got sick and tired of the BS the liberal leadership outs you through - and who likes paying 10 -11% income tax after you risk your life saving to start a business.

some like me said screw it- you win and i am out of here - not worth the bull**^ anymore

Old 03-08-2019, 08:34 AM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Again: so what if companies move? So what if people move? So what? Do you whiners and chicken-littles think every person and company in the nation needs / should be in California? What kinda cluster fork do you think could endure such a horrible fate? The state rolls on ... right over all others. Sheesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California