Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 08:24 AM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkmere View Post
Well, buddy, hate to break the news to you, but I'm putting you on IGNORE. I know it's going to be a blow to you to know I won't hear a word you say.
I’m honored. Won’t stop my observations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I’ve been doing that for a while now. It’s great when everybody can do the same. Don’t quote him even.
Yep. Head in a hole makes the world go away!

Old 04-16-2019, 09:27 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,987,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
And every example in history, especially modern, shows failure for the majority of the people and success for the politicians and rich.
I'm kind of interested in what the breaking point for the voters will be over there.

Old 04-16-2019, 05:54 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
I'm kind of interested in what the breaking point for the voters will be over there.
It will be long before we see the breaking point, CA.gov will continue to point the finger at Trump (he does make it easy for them though). They're mad they're mad at him now that the fed isn't subsidizing the high tax and COL here via SALT deduction cap.

Old 04-16-2019, 09:52 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,302,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
It will be long before we see the breaking point, CA.gov will continue to point the finger at Trump (he does make it easy for them though). They're mad they're mad at him now that the fed isn't subsidizing the high tax and COL here via SALT deduction cap.
Yes, they can blame it all on Donald. LOL. They creat sanctuary cities to get votes and then decide...nah, we don't really want ya! We just want votes!!

Old 04-16-2019, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
I think what will happen is that people who are not super liberal will just leave. It's not like there will be a big change and the residents will start voting Republican.

The rich will stay if they want (libs and more free market types) because they don't care. They can afford to live in their big houses and gates communities. It will be a two class state. Becoming that now. Hilarious that they creat "sanctuary cities" and then scream..."hell no, we don't want illegals!!" We just want votes!!

Old 04-16-2019, 11:30 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
Quote:
I think what will happen is that people who are not super liberal will just leave. It's not like there will be a big change and the residents will start voting Republican.

The rich will stay if they want (libs and more free market types) because they don't care. They can afford to live in their big houses and gates communities. It will be a two class state. Becoming that now. Hilarious that they creat "sanctuary cities" and then scream..."hell no, we don't want illegals!!" We just want votes!!
That’s what LA is, super rich or very poor. No middle ground. You have to move very far way to get a middle ground.

Old 04-17-2019, 08:03 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,011,395 times
The 2/3 majority for new taxes was a shady move by Republicans who knew they were on the way out in CA.

They knew you can't get 2/3 of people to agree on anything.

It becomes a royal pain in the but because you can't get anything done. Sacramento County almost had a new tax to expand light rail to the airport, natomas, and fix up the bus system. It literally got like 65% of the vote. Only the Folks in Places like Orangevale, Elk Grove and Citrus Heights, who didn't want it voted against it. And folks in Folsom and East Sac who already have service and since "I got mine", don't care that others suffer.

The fact that Supreme Court vacancies can now get filled with a simple majority, but a new tax needs 66% is freakin stupid. Just another example of Republicans doing any dirty trick they can, to usurp the will of the people. Just like how they need the electoral college to win the Presidency, because the majority of Americans are too smart to vote for Republicans.

Old 04-17-2019, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
The 2/3 majority for new taxes was a shady move by Republicans who knew they were on the way out in CA.

They knew you can't get 2/3 of people to agree on anything.

It becomes a royal pain in the but because you can't get anything done. Sacramento County almost had a new tax to expand light rail to the airport, natomas, and fix up the bus system. It literally got like 65% of the vote. Only the Folks in Places like Orangevale, Elk Grove and Citrus Heights, who didn't want it voted against it. And folks in Folsom and East Sac who already have service and since "I got mine", don't care that others suffer.

The fact that Supreme Court vacancies can now get filled with a simple majority, but a new tax needs 66% is freakin stupid. Just another example of Republicans doing any dirty trick they can, to usurp the will of the people. Just like how they need the electoral college to win the Presidency, because the majority of Americans are too smart to vote for Republicans.
Oh yes, that there Electoral College thing is brand new! Yep, lowering from 2/3 to 50% for taxing you guys more is a GREAT IDEA. There's enough poor people and "gimme something free" folks now in CA that anything related to raising taxes should pass! I hope it is lowered!! Tax you guys more to pay for my huge CA pension!!

Old 04-17-2019, 10:35 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,011,395 times
Quote:
Oh yes, that there Electoral College thing is brand new! Yep, lowering from 2/3 to 50% for taxing you guys more is a GREAT IDEA. There's enough poor people and "gimme something free" folks now in CA that anything related to raising taxes should pass! I hope it is lowered!! Tax you guys more to pay for my huge CA pension!!
No, the investments the state makes pay off your pension. ROFL. You don't even comprehend how your pension is funded. Working for the courts, I can say you are not the first, nor the last government pensioneer with this disability.

Also, folks who say "gimmie something free" and voting for a tax is totally contradictory. As the new taxes come out everyone's pocket. Sales tax or property tax (which can be passed off in the rent) included.

Accept the fact that your party is dying and will be irrelevant in 20 years and move on.

Old 04-17-2019, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
No, the investments the state makes pay off your pension. ROFL. You don't even comprehend how your pension is funded. Working for the courts, I can say you are not the first, nor the last government pensioneer with this disability.

Also, folks who say "gimmie something free" and voting for a tax is totally contradictory. As the new taxes come out everyone's pocket. Sales tax or property tax (which can be passed off in the rent) included.

Accept the fact that your party is dying and will be irrelevant in 20 years and move on.
I administered a public sector pension for a Special District in CA for twenty years and worked closely in that area for 30 years. The residents of CA are paying it one way or the other and most all of them are severely underfunded. True, the Fund theoretically makes money through the investments the fiduciaries have responsibility for. However, the agency(ies) contribute heavily to the respective retirement funds. Some contribute 50% of the employee salary. With the underfunding likely to get worse with the next big market decline (we've gone from 666 to 2940 in the S&P, for example), services will suffer and someone has to pony up to pay the pensioners.

So, unless we had extended conversations at the 20 years of CALAPRS meetings you attended and you were an actuary for one of the systems, you don't know jack. LOL.

Last edited by Burkmere; 04-17-2019 at 10:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California