Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 12:02 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,390,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
Health insurance companies are the PROBLEM, and SINGLE PAYER is the SOLUTION. Either that, or total free market. I don't care which, but hurry up and pick. This bastardized compromise simply serves to enrich the insurance scammers, who have already built giant glistening office towers with the ground-up bones of the people they've denied care to.

Best solution I've experienced, overseas, was a state-run health care system in parallel with private hospitals. Doctors had to serve a certain number of hours in the single-payer system, and then they could go work in private practice to make the big bucks. The state system was great for providing preventative and basic care for 90% of cases, while more complex cases (and/or rich people who could afford it) were handled by the totally-private system. We can't cure everyone of everything, and we don't have the resources to do sextuple-bypass on an octogenarian who will die in six months, anyway.
That should be an absolute requirement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2019, 06:08 PM

1,336 posts, read 927,224 times
Wait till all the healthy millenials and Gen Z get slapped with Newsums tax on the healthy and young to pay for healthcare of old geezers like Tulemutt who's sipping margaritas on the water. The dreamers might just wake up to the nightmare that is California DNC.

Old 05-15-2019, 06:21 PM

21,734 posts, read 16,337,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
Wait till all the healthy millenials and Gen Z get slapped with Newsums tax on the healthy and young to pay for healthcare of old geezers like Tulemutt who's sipping margaritas on the water. The dreamers might just wake up to the nightmare that is California DNC.
Old geezer Tulemutt gets health are from Tri-care / VA systems courtesy Uncle Sam ... as part of his military retirement benefits ... earned though career service to the nation.

You really need to open your mind just a little occasionally to get past the stagnation decay of partisanship worldview.

Oh, and I don’t drink anything but plain water. No booze, coffee, juice, soda, ... healthy to the point I rarely even ever use my healthcare benefits.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:25 PM

26,721 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
Wait till all the healthy millenials and Gen Z get slapped with Newsums tax on the healthy and young to pay for healthcare of old geezers
Millennials are already paying an arm and a leg because most of their employers they work for don't offer health insurance. They have to buy individual policies on the marketplace, and many don't qualify for subsidies.

Old 05-15-2019, 10:49 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
He can't rewrite the ACA, maybe you should direct your anger at Congressional Republicans who said they had a "plan" to replace the ACA but had NOTHING.
Nah, I'm directing at the people who wrote it, attached it to another bill, rushed it through and said we had to pass it to know what was in it.

Don't even get me started on the farmed out piece meal work on the website that could have been done by one or two firms who already had something similar in place but instead rewarded various firms and people with $ for reasons. I'll also be mad at the state of CA for extras they dropped on top of everything the Feds insisted each policy cover. There's plenty of blame to go around for those who had a hand in it, no real reason to point to those who didn't.

Old 05-19-2019, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Nah, I'm directing at the people who wrote it, attached it to another bill, rushed it through and said we had to pass it to know what was in it.
Ah yes, who can ever forget that democratic anthem famously uttered by the cherished Nancy Pelosi.
Stupid is as stupid does.

Old 05-19-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Old geezer Tulemutt gets health are from Tri-care / VA systems courtesy Uncle Sam ... as part of his military retirement benefits ... earned though career service to the nation.

You really need to open your mind just a little occasionally to get past the stagnation decay of partisanship worldview.

Oh, and I don’t drink anything but plain water. No booze, coffee, juice, soda, ... healthy to the point I rarely even ever use my healthcare benefits.
LOL. Tulemutt, you are no fun. No coffee. Wow.

Old 05-19-2019, 04:37 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,491,098 times
I'm not an expert on any of this, but I thought I'd just mention that when coverage is denied or unaffordable, people just go to the emergency room where they can't be denied care. And the emergency room visits are expensive. So, it seems to be kind of a shell game, really.

Old 05-19-2019, 06:59 PM

26,721 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I'm not an expert on any of this, but I thought I'd just mention that when coverage is denied or unaffordable, people just go to the emergency room where they can't be denied care. And the emergency room visits are expensive. So, it seems to be kind of a shell game, really.
But when they go to the ER because they don't have health insurance, they don't pay the cost of the visit. Those of us with insurance do. (Another reason that health insurance is so expensive.)

Old 05-19-2019, 07:47 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,755,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Or at Nancy Pelosi and her herd of Democratic sheep who wrote ACA in the first place in such a way as to be fatally flawed.
He is related to Pelosi(by marriage of course), so of course he is supporting ACA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California