U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 07:01 PM

1,046 posts, read 446,037 times

Advertisements

Especially when they've only got negative opinions to post. If you're so happy where you are now, why not post to those forums? Or is it a case of sour grapes? Why keep slamming a place or others because they remain there, or want to move there? Also tired of the anti liberalism and I am not a liberal (more a left leaning centrist). Just wondered. I post here because we're relocating to the area and want more information before we make the big move. I often post to other forums in states I'd once considered but rarely to my home state.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 07:04 PM

1,211 posts, read 561,387 times
Why do former Californians still post in CA forums?
Because they have answers to questions being asked on the California forums.

Now, what questions do you have about California? I'd be happy to (try to) answer them.

Old 08-07-2019, 07:26 PM

7,869 posts, read 5,482,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
Especially when they've only got negative opinions to post. If you're so happy where you are now, why not post to those forums? Or is it a case of sour grapes? Why keep slamming a place or others because they remain there, or want to move there? Also tired of the anti liberalism and I am not a liberal (more a left leaning centrist). Just wondered. I post here because we're relocating to the area and want more information before we make the big move. I often post to other forums in states I'd once considered but rarely to my home state.
Kissing butt on the ca forums already? You’ll fit in well here, you don’t even live in California yet and are already slamming out of state posters. Those who have lived in California and other places can give different viewpoints based on experience.
You really should be thankful for those other people. When you have someone who has only experienced California you may get a very one sided view. Wouldn’t you rather have all the information so you can make an informed decision? Or would you rather just have part of the story and base your decisions on that? You said you want more information. Do you want The Whole story or just part of it? If you just want part of it, then you don’t want information, you just want a reassurance that California is perfect for you.
You haven’t been on the California forums very long yet are already being very judgemental about other posters. Maybe if you had been around longer you would understand where people are coming from.

Last edited by aslowdodge; 08-07-2019 at 07:40 PM..

Old 08-07-2019, 07:29 PM

2,936 posts, read 1,952,227 times
Quote:
Because I like both places? And I will always defend or criticize either place as I see fit...

At least I don't call people "Jewkranian"...

Old 08-07-2019, 07:37 PM

9,301 posts, read 10,387,567 times
Honestly, if I moved out of CA I would not post here. I would regard my past life in CA as history and not relevant to my life. But some people have unresolved issues. With that said, slow dodge does offer good content

Old 08-07-2019, 07:39 PM

7,869 posts, read 5,482,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Honestly, if I moved out of CA I would not post here. I would regard my past life in CA as history and not relevant to my life. But some people have unresolved issues. With that said, slow dodge does offer good content
Omg..... are we becoming .... friends!
Thanks for the compliment

Old 08-07-2019, 07:41 PM

619 posts, read 493,869 times
Quote:
and I am not a liberal (more a left leaning centrist)
Liberal.

Old 08-07-2019, 08:44 PM

4,388 posts, read 1,618,015 times
I don't own a Corvette but I posted in the Corvette forum. How dare I?

Old 08-07-2019, 08:57 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
34,091 posts, read 61,991,364 times
We still go back to CA 1-3 times a year, because about half of our extended family and many friends still live there. I don’t post much on the CA forum because I know a lot has changed since we left in 1993, but if I can help someone by answering a question I will. I don’t criticize CA, in fact I still consider it the 3rd best state to live in after WA and OR.

Old 08-08-2019, 06:43 AM

22,165 posts, read 25,403,561 times
Quote:
Doesn’t matter. They may have a recent experience with a certain area or give their opinion. I’ve lived in other states but it’s been so long it’s really irrelevant as it doesn’t apply to today. If I moved out of Ca I would want opinions from real people as to areas I’m contemplating moving. Sometimes getting a opinion from someone who has moved may give you some insight as to why and it may impact your decision.

As far as hate/bashing Ca....again who cares. They live there you live here. Maybe they couldn’t hack it maybe they got a better job more money suck parent, wifecwanted to be closer to family etc. Their politics aren’t your politics. Let them think or say whatever they want go on with your life. Opinions are like bellybuttons everyone has one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California