Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 12:19 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aewan68 View Post
I moved here from SoFla last year and by far the drivers here are way better by leaps and bounds. I use to commute 2 hours a day to and from work in SoFla in bumper to bumper traffic of varying speeds, road rage, tail gating and finger flipping were a daily occurence, horns being blown constantly, often if at a stop light as soon as it turns green, within a second or so, people will blow their horn if you don't launch off the line at a high rate of speed. Aggresive drivers, Seniors who cannot drive, illegals without insurance a common daily occurance there. So far here, I see the occasional a$$clown but nothing like back home.
Funny sounds like LA, when I used to commute to the down town from the Valley and this was years ago and now it is worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 01:30 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,399,956 times
I'm convinced that 90+% of the drivers here in CA (and maybe the entire US) would be dead during the first day if they tried to drive on an Autobahn or Autoroute. Percentage would be only slightly less driving Motorways in the British Isles.

Old 02-14-2017, 07:39 PM

782 posts, read 759,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Funny sounds like LA, when I used to commute to the down town from the Valley and this was years ago and now it is worth.
I never physically been to LA yet, I only ventured into Orange County which reminds me a lot of SoFla as well. Sooner or later I'll have to fly through LAX, not looking forward to the drive to get there. Maybe I'll take the train.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:49 PM

782 posts, read 759,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
I'm convinced that 90+% of the drivers here in CA (and maybe the entire US) would be dead during the first day if they tried to drive on an Autobahn or Autoroute. Percentage would be only slightly less driving Motorways in the British Isles.
Well many would be dead due to improper vehicle maintence at high speeds due to bald tires and worn out brakes, at least in states that have no annual inspection, that's here and FL, but not PA. It's also the law in Germany to install winter tires on your car if you have summer tires installed NOT all seasons.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:10 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aewan68 View Post
I moved here from SoFla last year and by far the drivers here are way better by leaps and bounds. I use to commute 2 hours a day to and from work in SoFla in bumper to bumper traffic of varying speeds, road rage, tail gating and finger flipping were a daily occurence, horns being blown constantly, often if at a stop light as soon as it turns green, within a second or so, people will blow their horn if you don't launch off the line at a high rate of speed. Aggresive drivers, Seniors who cannot drive, illegals without insurance a common daily occurance there. So far here, I see the occasional a$$clown but nothing like back home.
^^^^^ Absolutely. South Florida is far and away the worst (and I've driven a car in every state but AK and HI and in all of the 40 largest cities in the United States). The Houston metro (where I live now) is probably next, after South Florida. I'm a California native.....and California is bad....but, IMO, Houston is worse than anywhere in California, and South Florida is FAR worse. Off the top of my head, I've also driven in Germany, Italy, Mexico, England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, and across Canada. I agree with your other post referencing the quality of driving in Germany .

Old 03-01-2017, 11:29 PM

197 posts, read 199,550 times
Imagine you crash and hit an illegal (illegal was drunk driving) then YOU go to jail and the illegal sues YOU!

Old 03-02-2017, 01:23 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,077,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Intelligence View Post
Imagine you crash and hit an illegal (illegal was drunk driving) then YOU go to jail and the illegal sues YOU!
When driving, we have two primary jobs: Job #1: Don't harm anyone. Job #2: Stay out of an accident. Repeat.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:39 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,121,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal View Post
Ut oh, we were duped by the OP? Here I wrote out this post...lol
You were duped by a topic that is years dead.

This topic is something like 8 years old.

Old 03-05-2017, 08:56 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
You were duped by a topic that is years dead.

This topic is something like 8 years old.
Well let's pretend it's 2008 again.

BTW, did you hear that Nancy Pelosi said today that she can't work with President Bush?

Old 03-06-2017, 04:49 PM

153 posts, read 153,853 times
And She Had FunFunFun till her Daddy took the T-Bird Awaaay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California