Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2020, 06:40 PM

26,712 posts, read 26,776,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
La Jolla
Yes. <sigh> If only...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2020, 08:55 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,538,654 times
Well truth be told, we are not city people. With that said there are are a ton of small towns in CA that offer a lot in terms of culture and food. This from a San Franciscan native. Where i live We have two live theater venues that use local talent and hire actors from LA. Top end stuff

Life is affordable in eastern CA

Old 01-26-2020, 11:29 AM

3,881 posts, read 2,191,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC4life View Post
San Diego. Sadly the job market for finance is pretty nonexistent there. But might move down to LA Jolla or Northpark once kids are out of the house and done with college. Haven't really thought about it much.
As big as it is, I love how laid back it is and I'm assuming that crime is low for a city it's size.

Old 01-26-2020, 01:40 PM

112 posts, read 130,179 times
That's tough! I'm not even living there right now, but moving back this summer to Camarillo.

I'd probably say Santa Barbara - born and raised there! I love OC though and the weather. So maybe somewhere there.

Old 01-26-2020, 01:42 PM

130,047 posts, read 12,072,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Well truth be told, we are not city people. With that said there are are a ton of small towns in CA that offer a lot in terms of culture and food. This from a San Franciscan native. Where i live We have two live theater venues that use local talent and hire actors from LA. Top end stuff

Life is affordable in eastern CA

I also have no plans on moving, I love living in the Sierra foothills.

Old 01-26-2020, 06:44 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times
While I no longer live in the Bay Area, were I to move back to Ca I would like to move to San Diego. Actually many cities in SoCal look interesting.

Old 01-27-2020, 07:21 PM

590 posts, read 931,218 times
Coming from the Sacramento area, I would like to live in Mammoth Lakes/ June Lakes/ Bridgeport area. There's enough skiing, hiking, biking, off-roading in these areas to last three lifetimes. Bishop would be ok if it weren't so horribly hot in the summer. There's a little town up in the mountains above Bishop called Aspendell. It's a very bucolic town that is a great place to beat the summer heat.

Old 01-27-2020, 08:03 PM

18 posts, read 11,132 times
I don't live in California, but when I visited Malibu last year, I practically fell in love with it. I would be happy to move there and enjoy the Pacific Ocean and seagulls.

Old 01-27-2020, 08:20 PM

33,311 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMan View Post
Coming from the Sacramento area, I would like to live in Mammoth Lakes/ June Lakes/ Bridgeport area. There's enough skiing, hiking, biking, off-roading in these areas to last three lifetimes. Bishop would be ok if it weren't so horribly hot in the summer. There's a little town up in the mountains above Bishop called Aspendell. It's a very bucolic town that is a great place to beat the summer heat.

I love skiing, and like to do other outdoor things.

I lived in Mammoth Lakes for an entire ski season. I loved it, but longer term...it would represent too much isolation for me. I've also lived in Incline Village, just into Nevada. I could handle that better longer term.

If someone forced me to move back to California I'd probably pick Rocklin, Roseville, or Fair Oaks, etc.. Access to the Sierras, to city amenities, and to the coast .

Old 01-27-2020, 08:22 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,538,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothesmartthing View Post
I don't live in California, but when I visited Malibu last year, I practically fell in love with it. I would be happy to move there and enjoy the Pacific Ocean and seagulls.
Two issues with Malibu

1. Extremely expensive.

2. Even if you can afford it, unless you are a celebrity, you won’t fit in.

You can find many other CA places that are near the ocean that are less expensive and are filled with regular people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California