Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best place to live in California?
Beverly Hills 0 0%
Newport Beach 17 100.00%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 01:38 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Hawt View Post
Yeah I'm a multi-Millionaire. IDK what is 90210.
Is this CaliRestoration punking us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2020, 01:49 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Quote:
IDC about the Zipcode. I honestly thought Beverly Hills was the top place in California. How does my income affect this thread? I genuinely want to know where is the best place in California based on my criteria. Be reasonable. Thank you
Based on your criteria of seclusion, no wildfires, lots of acreage with huge mansions, Compton and Bellflower would be your best bets.

Old 06-25-2020, 01:50 PM

811 posts, read 621,552 times
+1 for Compton.

Old 06-25-2020, 01:51 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elna Rae View Post
Had something uber-sarcastic to post when I saw this thread opened this morning...

Then...

Saw 11 pages!!

Took the wind right out of my sails. No way am I reading through all that vomit.
Sit down with a cup of coffee. It's quite entertaining.

Old 06-25-2020, 03:18 PM

49 posts, read 30,585 times
Did some niche research on Google and Quora. I learnt that LA is superficial whereas Bay Area isn't. If you add all Entertainment Companies Net Worth in LA it's still lower than either Apple, Facebook and Google in Silicon Valley. House prices are higher in Bay Area but mansions in Beverly Hills are more expensive than the Bay Area. LA has trendy Restaurants like Soho House.

So I think yall are painting Beverly Hills in a negative image.

Ruth I checked out Pebble beach, Los Altos Hills, Hillsborough Real Estate. Latter Two are on hills which is a No-Go for me and Pebble Beach seems to be isloated rather than secluded.

Old 06-25-2020, 03:21 PM

130,047 posts, read 12,072,794 times
Quote:
Did some niche research on Google and Quora. I learnt that LA is superficial whereas Bay Area isn't. If you add all Entertainment Companies Net Worth in LA it's still lower than either Apple, Facebook and Google in Silicon Valley. House prices are higher in Bay Area but mansions in Beverly Hills are more expensive than the Bay Area. LA has trendy Restaurants like Soho House.

Ruth I checked out Pebble beach, Los Altos Hills, Hillsborough Real Estate. Latter Two are on hills which is a No-Go for me. Pebble Beach seems to be isloated rather than secluded.
Well then, move to Beverly Hills.

Old 06-25-2020, 03:25 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times
Quote:

Ruth I checked out Pebble beach, Los Altos Hills, Hillsborough Real Estate. Latter Two are on hills which is a No-Go for me and Pebble Beach seems to be isolated rather than secluded.
Off topic, but I'm wondering where on earth you are from that uses both the spelling "learnt" and the slang word "y'all."

Old 06-25-2020, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Well then, move to Beverly Hills.
Someone said "LA = Style over Substance.

Bay Area = Substance over Style." I'm into Style.

Old 06-25-2020, 03:37 PM

130,047 posts, read 12,072,794 times
well, you still need to make a trip & see if you like it. It is not for everyone.

Old 06-25-2020, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
well, you still need to make a trip & see if you like it. It is not for everyone.
I do indeed, I will see what Beverly Hills, Newport Beach, and Bay Area are all like so the places are as it seems. A wealthy Man's trash is a pauper's treasure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California