U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best place to live in California?
Beverly Hills 0 0%
Newport Beach 16 100.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 03:36 AM

32,638 posts, read 36,068,280 times

Advertisements

There are only 2 choices and I don't want to live in either
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2020, 11:47 AM

87,551 posts, read 81,193,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
There are only 2 choices and I don't want to live in either
Just another badly-designed poll on C-D.

I'm really curious as to where the OP was posting from. Such strange choices for a poll. He clearly had never heard of Malibu or Santa Monica, to name just a couple of options. Said he'd never heard of Monterrey.

Who knows? Maybe he was just a kid from Detroit.

Old 06-28-2020, 10:21 PM

2,883 posts, read 1,910,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Just another badly-designed poll on C-D.

I'm really curious as to where the OP was posting from. Such strange choices for a poll. He clearly had never heard of Malibu or Santa Monica, to name just a couple of options. Said he'd never heard of Monterrey.

Who knows? Maybe he was just a kid from Detroit.
Mom's basement. She cut off his internet. By they way, Monterrey is in Mexico. Monterey is in CA...

Old 06-29-2020, 02:08 PM

87,551 posts, read 81,193,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
Mom's basement. She cut off his internet. By they way, Monterrey is in Mexico. Monterey is in CA...
Ya, I was too lazy to check the spelling. Thank you, Vic Romano.

Old 06-29-2020, 02:12 PM

49 posts, read 20,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Hawt View Post
Where in Cali does it top Beverly Hills?
Coronado, CA; hands down. Lived in Coronado during my time in the Navy and it's been by far the best town I have ever lived in California. Newport is okay but it doesn't have the community bonds that Coronado has.

Beverly Hills is all glitter but no depth.

Old 06-29-2020, 07:12 PM

28,420 posts, read 27,689,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonezman765 View Post
Coronado, CA; hands down. Lived in Coronado during my time in the Navy and it's been by far the best town I have ever lived in California. Newport is okay but it doesn't have the community bonds that Coronado has.

You get some depth when you pile the glitter high enough.

Beverly Hills honestly isn't that bad. I don't much care for the mansions actually up on the hills, but the flats, the commercial district/downtown and the area around such can be pretty fun.

Old 06-30-2020, 10:35 AM

3,204 posts, read 4,531,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonezman765 View Post

Coronado is indeed beautiful and I'd live there in a heartbeat. However, this thread was really about mega-rich communities. Coronado is rich, but I wouldn't classify this as mega rich. The mega rich in SD tend to live in Rancho Santa Fe or the hills above La Jolla.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California