Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2008, 01:05 PM

81 posts, read 331,907 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

I will be visiting my husband in Bakersfield this summer, but for a few days want to take our girls to spend a few days in more beautiful Santa Barbara area, so that they don't complain when we come back home to MA. The ideal place would be within walking distance to the beach, and under $150 a night. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated !
THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 01:30 PM

3,722 posts, read 14,720,171 times
Stayed here almost 20 years ago and it was nice, on the beach and a short walk to Stearns Wharf - Santa Barbara Hotel: Fess Parker's Doubletree Resort and Hotel in Santa Barbara, CA, California Coast Luxury Accommodations. It will probably be more than the $150 price you quoted, but it was nice. You'll find all places near the beach to be expensive. Also Welcome to Santa Barbara's Stearns Wharf

In case you're wondering who Fess Parker is, he played Davy Crockett on TV in the mid 1950's.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:32 PM

81 posts, read 331,907 times
Thanks for the link, but it's too expensive!($400.00 and up a night!) Looks luxerious though..

Old 05-08-2008, 12:19 PM

30 posts, read 153,933 times
The only place I can think of near the beach is a motel my mother owned from 1987-1991 it's by West Beach, Santa Barbara's most popular (and with good reason) beach. The new name is Casa Del Mar and they're at 18 bath st. The number when my mom owned it was 1-800-433-3097. There's also the West Beach Inn right across the street. And there's the Santa Barbara Inn at Cabrillo & Milpas. Stay Away from Ocean Palms. It's right on Cabrillo but it's a dump and the desk clerks are rude. I would advise you check these hotels and any others on tripadvisor.com though.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:47 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,928,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anagrig View Post
Hi everyone!

I will be visiting my husband in Bakersfield this summer, but for a few days want to take our girls to spend a few days in more beautiful Santa Barbara area, so that they don't complain when we come back home to MA. The ideal place would be within walking distance to the beach, and under $150 a night. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated !
THANKS!
My wife and I have stayed at The Cheshire Cat a couple times. I would check it out. It was a real Bed N Breakfast, no TV, no radio, no computer accessibility, etc.. If you go here you better be able to entertain yourselves with each others company because that is all you will have, except for beautiful rooms and great service. It has been several years so please check it out thoroughly. Sometime these places change ownership and it really is about the owner and their attention to details.

Santa Barbara Bed and Breakfast - The Cheshire Cat Inn (http://cheshirecatinn.com/index.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California