Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 09:44 PM

6 posts, read 8,019 times

Advertisements

It's lacking the kind of culture that relates to educated people. Example: If there was a branch of the Getty Museum here, it would be vandalized and the art would be stolen and sold for meth/crack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 10:02 PM

6 posts, read 8,019 times
Amen. People shouldn't move here unless they have a really good job lined up. That's the only reason to move here.

Old 04-05-2016, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 884 times
Default Really

I was born and raised in Bakersfield and I have had many run ins with racists in the Oildale. I'm definitely not saying everyone from Oildale are racists because there are good people from there. However the KKK does have history there. Now recently I have had no trouble but there has been many a time where me and my brother go to play basketball and our games get cut short because of either racists or people saying inappropriate things. It sounds like you love your town and so do I but you have to face the facts I am a black male who gets harassed on a daily you will never know how it feels.

Old 04-10-2017, 07:22 PM

1 posts, read 602 times
I am a black male in my mid 20s and from living here for the past 6-7 months i can say it has been one of the toughest job searches ever. i don't know if its because of my appearance (i have dreads) or just my race or a combination of both but even the ****tiest jobs will go out of their way to find a reason not to hire me. its ridiculous.

Old 07-24-2017, 12:12 AM

4 posts, read 6,440 times
Well if your into hiking and nature then who needs big city life. I like to be where it less crowded and love to be outside, and we have so much to do in the surrounding areas. Less that 2 hour drive and you can be at one of the world's best natural waterslide and the giant Sequoia are not to far from that. If you like crowds and big city life, we'll good for you, but some people aren't about that life. I would rather hangout with a tree then be in a crowded room with a bunch of crappy people

Old 07-24-2017, 07:15 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel2132 View Post
I am a black male in my mid 20s and from living here for the past 6-7 months i can say it has been one of the toughest job searches ever. i don't know if its because of my appearance (i have dreads) or just my race or a combination of both but even the ****tiest jobs will go out of their way to find a reason not to hire me. its ridiculous.
Maybe get rid of the dreads. Employers judge people by the way they look and that is not an appealing look to employers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California