Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 02:19 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,573,472 times

Advertisements

My wife and I met in Phoenix in the early 70s. We went to Whataburger when we felt broke. Their basic burger is call Justaburger. We moved to San Diego about 20 years ago. We've never been to a Whataburger since we moved here. There are so many better burger places. I'd rather cook up a burger on my backyard grill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2021, 02:40 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h200jlb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
I be curious how they able to get In and Out to Texas as it appears they seem to require their meat and possibly vegetables to be no farther than 10-12 hours normal drive time from their source thus supposingly preventing them from going as north as Portland Oregon(Which they theoretically should be able to open multiple locations since its a busy good sized metro area and close to the Washington border), as of today the northern most In and Out location is Eugene, Oregon. Does it mean they have a food/meat distribution center somewhere in North Texas. interestingly in this case they didn't expand to Oklahoma or New Mexico before expanding to Colorado.
There are warehouses in

Baldwin Park
Lathrop, CA
Lancaster Tx
CO Springs
Medford Or
Las Vegas
SLC
Phoenix
LOL, where do you guys get your information from? There are like three In-N-Out locations in the entire state of Oregon. It's highly unlikely they have a distribution center in Medford to serve just three stores. There is no need. Portland is nine hours from Lathrop.

Also there is no store in Eugene. The Oregon locations are in Medford, Grants Pass, and Keizer.

Last edited by Cloudy Dayz; 09-05-2021 at 02:48 PM..

Old 09-06-2021, 09:21 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,426,948 times
The Habit burgers just came to Sylmar opened today, and I think they are as good as In & Out.

Old 09-06-2021, 11:22 AM

10,030 posts, read 9,504,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooners9354 View Post
Me being from Texas and living in Dallas where’s there’s both In-N-Out and Whataburger, I’ve tried In-N-Out it’s alright but it doesn’t beat out whataburger I know a lot of you Californians are mad about this lol, I wish whataburger would expand into California and let’s see what happens, even the people from the Golden State that are leaving love Whataburger more than In-N-Out lol.
Well…. As the title of the thread suggests, it’s just an opinion. I think we all know what they say about opinions.

Old 09-06-2021, 03:42 PM

10,348 posts, read 8,564,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
The Habit burgers just came to Sylmar opened today, and I think they are as good as In & Out.
Habit is far superior to in and out. I’m in Georgia and I was just thinking about the habit the other day.

Old 09-06-2021, 03:47 PM

4,321 posts, read 6,281,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Habit is far superior to in and out. I’m in Georgia and I was just thinking about the habit the other day.
Yeah, but not really an apples to apples comparison. In-N-Out is fast food, whereas Habit is more fast casual and has a higher price point. That's sort of like Shake Shack being better than In-N-Out but also being a lot more expensive.

I don't think anyone thinks In-N-Out is the best burger in the world, but it's tough to beat the quality at that price point.

Old 09-06-2021, 10:04 PM

6 posts, read 10,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
LOL, where do you guys get your information from? There are like three In-N-Out locations in the entire state of Oregon. It's highly unlikely they have a distribution center in Medford to serve just three stores. There is no need. Portland is nine hours from Lathrop.

Also there is no store in Eugene. The Oregon locations are in Medford, Grants Pass, and Keizer.

I work for In-N-Out. The warehouse in Medford is a satellite warehouse.

Correct, there is no store in Eugene.

Old 09-08-2021, 05:18 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,473,115 times
In-n-Out is the best fast food burger in terms of quality, fresh preparation and price. Really nothing else is like it in terms of product and preparation.

Whataburger, Smashburger, 5 guys etc are not comparable in terms of price, preparation, and overall ingredient quality. Same with Burger King or Wendys at a lower price point. Shake Shack, Habit etc, also not comparable at the higher price point.

Not commenting on taste, that is going to be different for everyone and there is no way to judge that except for yourself. Some people love McDonalds and some don't. There is no accounting for taste.

The reality is there are almost no food businesses that operate the way in-n-out does. They are foregoing a huge amount of profit to operate this way.

Last edited by NYSD1995; 09-08-2021 at 05:33 PM..

Old 09-08-2021, 06:17 PM

3,347 posts, read 2,309,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post

Sorry not Eugene, but Keizer which is same as Salem right? And am I correct that logistic issues are preventing them from operating in the Portland metro area For quite a while? However I heard most recently they plan to operate in the Portland area soon with the first metro area location being in Beaverton? However the backlash is that communities are afraid of the carmaggadon in their neighborhoods while everyone in town makes a bee line for In and out burger on its grand opening day.

Old 09-08-2021, 07:15 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,451,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSD1995 View Post
In-n-Out is the best fast food burger in terms of quality, fresh preparation and price. Really nothing else is like it in terms of product and preparation.

It's pretty evident they're doing what they intend to do and doing it well by sheer virtue of the fact that there's never a not-busy time and/or a line wrapped around the parking lot of any of their locations. About the only time I noticed a lull at an In-n-Out was deep in Mormon country Utah on a Sunday. It was the last time I ate at one too because it was shockingly uncrowded for what I suspected was a brief moment in the overall scheme of things.

I can make better burgers than any place at home but that's not the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California