Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2023, 11:24 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,005,605 times

Advertisements

489k in south madera
Brand new house

435k w pool and solar remodel. Just sold

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Fresno/113.../home/96042811

1700sqf remodel w basement and solar for sale

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...8739484_zpid/?

Last edited by dontbelievehim; 05-25-2023 at 11:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2023, 03:30 PM

City of fresno is banning sidewalk sleeping.
Its been done out west before, but i dont think its been successful.

It might work in fresno tho.
Reason being is that fresnos mayor doesnt give two flips about the homeless industrial complex. And always follows through with what he says.

Ill update if i notice any changes.

Tachi palace upgrades

Visalias hippest restaurant

Fresno airline info

Edit: clovis is going to turn north clovis into a medical hub like herndon is to fresno. Expect a lot more wealth and improvements to come to clovis soon because of this.

Last edited by dontbelievehim; 05-26-2023 at 04:27 PM..

Old 05-26-2023, 06:32 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,693,063 times
It's gets pretty hot there. Do the current homeless have a place to escape the heat or are you saying you have no homeless? Because that would be a miracle, if it's true.

Old 05-26-2023, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
It's gets pretty hot there. Do the current homeless have a place to escape the heat or are you saying you have no homeless? Because that would be a miracle, if it's true.
The goal is to get them away from schools and shopping centers. People are tired of them camping in common areas like that. The homeless will move to industrial zones and canals if they don't want to be sheltered. This Ordinance will be in conjunction with improvements for the homeless. (more cooling centers, rehabs, and shelters)
There hasn't been a mass homeless deathwave in recent years, as far as I know.

There=Fresno
Here=Modesto, Danville? I know it ain't mars, hehe. Where are you posting from

Old 05-27-2023, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbelievehim View Post
The goal is to get them away from schools and shopping centers. People are tired of them camping in common areas like that. The homeless will move to industrial zones and canals if they don't want to be sheltered. This Ordinance will be in conjunction with improvements for the homeless. (more cooling centers, rehabs, and shelters)
There hasn't been a mass homeless deathwave in recent years, as far as I know.

There=Fresno
Here=Modesto, Danville? I know it ain't mars, hehe. Where are you posting from
I live in Lodi. Our homeless population is small in comparison with other cities in the state. We have a permanent housing project here called Harmony Homes and from everything I hear, it seems to be a success. I've seen the small modular units and they're nice. They look like tiny homes only a bit bigger. If you didn't know what they were, you couldn't tell they were part of a homeless housing project. We also have a newer (2022) 50-bed shelter. We can't get everyone off the street but, at last count, we had about 200 that are homeless so between the Harmony Project and our shelter, we can make a little dent. The numbers aren't staggering and I don't know what we'd do if we had the same amount of people you hear about in the larger cities. Maybe being a smaller community allows us to accommodate people better.

Old 05-27-2023, 12:51 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,616,289 times
Quote:

New fresno state stadium upgrades.

Its happening. Construction starts next summer. Its being done piecemeal unless measure e passes(tax for Fresno state). Measure e would get it completed in no-time. Vote yes on measure e and help fund improvements. Benefits and amenity upgrades will come shortly after.
Could upgrades drag you to a game, billybutch?
Very cool looking stadium. Reminds me of SoFi a little bit without the roof of course with how you enter from the ground and the stadium is well below you. Will it get me to a game? Eh, doubtful. It would take a pretty big Fresno State game for me to make the drive. They'd have to be like a top 10 team in the country type of good and playing a USC.

Old 05-27-2023, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Very cool looking stadium. Reminds me of SoFi a little bit without the roof of course with how you enter from the ground and the stadium is well below you. Will it get me to a game? Eh, doubtful. It would take a pretty big Fresno State game for me to make the drive. They'd have to be like a top 10 team in the country type of good and playing a USC.

SC..never. certain schools refuse to play non conference away games. Not enough gain for them.

Biggest schools possible would be oregon or Oklahoma. Those two are very doable.

And theyll be no need to drive far because of HSR

Old 05-27-2023, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I live in Lodi. Our homeless population is small in comparison with other cities in the state. We have a permanent housing project here called Harmony Homes and from everything I hear, it seems to be a success. I've seen the small modular units and they're nice. They look like tiny homes only a bit bigger. If you didn't know what they were, you couldn't tell they were part of a homeless housing project. We also have a newer (2022) 50-bed shelter. We can't get everyone off the street but, at last count, we had about 200 that are homeless so between the Harmony Project and our shelter, we can make a little dent. The numbers aren't staggering and I don't know what we'd do if we had the same amount of people you hear about in the larger cities. Maybe being a smaller community allows us to accommodate people better.

Lodi. Cool.

It probably helps that lodi has some seperation from stockton. Things would be worse if they were connected to each other.

BCC bako house for sale

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4...9024251_zpid/?

Old 05-27-2023, 03:59 PM

Quote:
It probably helps that lodi has some seperation from stockton. Things would be worse if they were connected to each other.
I like the separation and I know people think that a bad area of Stockton means all Stockton is bad but it isn't and neither is any other city. They all have bad parts of their area. I prefer places with a smaller population, although 60K isn't exactly small but, to me, it is. I like the fact that I get from one side of town to the other in a relatively short span of time. No heavy traffic unless it's right about the time kids are being let out of school or people getting off work. Otherwise, streets are pretty quiet and you can hear the birds chirping.

Old 05-31-2023, 11:13 PM

Million dollar house just outside of Fresno
Neighborhood Has potential, just gotta plant more greenery.
Sort of looks like a nice house in a Dallas suburb. Lovely interior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California