U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-28-2008, 11:48 AM

1 posts, read 5,696 times
Default How's Pittsburg,CA

Im just trying to narrow down where I want to move to in california, well the cities, etc etc I was looking at pittsburg and it didn't seem bad, does anyone know much about the city and is it very expensive to live their?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 01:34 PM

13,381 posts, read 24,303,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennydh0 View Post
Im just trying to narrow down where I want to move to in california, well the cities, etc etc I was looking at pittsburg and it didn't seem bad, does anyone know much about the city and is it very expensive to live their?
I owned a home in Pittsburgh and found the cost to buy a home/rent less than the surrounding areas... so, it's not expensive by Bay Area standards...

I did have problems when my home was vacant and up for sale... a stolen car was left in my driveway and I had two break-ins

Old 05-29-2008, 11:45 PM

1,634 posts, read 4,113,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennydh0 View Post
The only thing I have EVER heard about Pittsburg, CA was that it SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-30-2008, 05:21 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,466,346 times
High Crime area and in the middle of nowhere.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:29 AM

14 posts, read 36,277 times
I've done a lot of research over the last few months and my wife and I are closing on a home in Pittsburg in a couple weeks. I'm going to be working in Concord, and when we compared the homes we could buy in Concord vs. Pittsburg, we considered both but ended up in Pittsburg picking up a short sale on a home that was significantly newer and bigger than what we could have gotten in Concord. The home is in the Oak Hills area, and I've talked to some people who lived there and said that they felt it was a safe neighborhood for a family.

I've also heard that the Delta View Elementary School is a pretty good school, and there is a middle school scheduled to be built in the Alves Ranch area between the Oak Hills and San Marco neighborhoods. I've got a daughter that is almost 2 and a son on the way due in October, so I'm pretty comfortable with the school situation.

There are a some extra fees in addition to property taxes, including a small mello-roos fee for Mount Diablo SD.

I've basically heard that the town is pretty much divided by Hwy 4, with the decent parts being on the south side.

Anyway, I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Old 06-09-2008, 03:30 PM

111 posts, read 275,839 times
Our first home was in Pittsburg way back when. I loved the home, but couldn't wait to move from the town. It should be a nice town with the delta location, but mostly it is just houses and big box stores. It is a pain to commute out of there if you are working. I wouldn't choose it. In my opinon I would avoid Antioch and Baypoint too.
Before you decide rent a motel and spend a week there and see if it works for you.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:08 PM

1 posts, read 5,459 times
Pittsburg is an up & coming city new hotels, nice golf course & plenty of new homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California