U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 04:25 PM

20 posts, read 97,270 times

Advertisements

If money weren't an issue, would your opinion about California change?

Old 01-09-2007, 06:47 PM

348 posts, read 1,494,086 times
If money wasn't an issue, I would still leave. I would probably have a house in California for the winter though... but I would never want to live/work here forever. I used to love California... I don't anymore. 5 or 6 more months and I'm outa hear and nothing makes me happier than the idea of leaving!

Old 01-09-2007, 07:17 PM

2,655 posts, read 7,321,542 times
Default I used to feel that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des_Demona View Post
...I'm outa hear and nothing makes me happier than the idea of leaving!
I used to feel that way when I was in my early 20s. The Pacific Northwest was my salvation. I've since realized that CA's conveniences, mix of ideas, people and weather are mostly unmatched. Besides, the idea of a mega quake on Cascadia scares me a little about the Pac NW.

Old 01-09-2007, 09:34 PM

1,700 posts, read 4,464,547 times
There are numerous people in California, who love it, including me. I know the pessimism towards California has been a complete overdose. Put things in perspective, this is a relocation website. There are people who can vent their anger from a little to steam. If you visit other state's forums, the same pessimism occurs. People's anger and frustration can last forever depending on their former or current sore location, it does not reflect or is the truth of the state, it is only a reflection of an individual's encounters and experiences.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:37 PM

57 posts, read 110,698 times
Default ?

You must have a degree in philosophy.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:40 PM

Thank you Tom! We all thought you were dead. We've desired to know what state you are currently located in? No, I won't ridicule you, no worries!

Old 01-12-2007, 12:28 AM

14,936 posts, read 7,261,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Thank you Tom! We all thought you were dead. We've desired to know what state you are currently located in? No, I won't ridicule you, no worries!
Someone else here (Jonah?) mentioned that Tom now lives in North Carolina.

Old 01-12-2007, 07:26 AM

889 posts, read 2,140,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismpat View Post
Someone else here (Jonah?) mentioned that Tom now lives in North Carolina.
Read his first post,"sold Real Estate in Florida and looking to buy in the lake Norman(N.C) area"- So possibly in Florida going to .N.C??

Old 01-12-2007, 08:45 AM

Thanks Dennis..North Carolina has much cheaper homes in California, which is very encouraging for buyers. North Carolina has four distinct seasons, and it doesn't get as cold as the northern states in the eastern half of the country. It is a very diverse state, and the Spring and Fall are absolutely wonderful. Many of the towns in North Carolina are very friendly, family oriented, and well kept. The downside, North Carolina has very humid summers, bugs are out in full force. North Carolina also has a problem with violence stemming from illegal immigrant criminals, the ones who commit crimes. N.C. still does have some major racial issues, involving white and black. Just as in the South, North Carolina has problems with poverty.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:22 PM

156 posts, read 500,048 times
We live in Monmouth County (shore area) of NJ. So many of the messages in this post remind me of NJ. It used to be a quiet shore town, but now we are a 'suburb' of NYC. The home prices have quadrupled, the Real Estate taxes are unbelievable, and it's over-crowded,without the infra-structure to match
the growing pop.
Everytime I go to S.Ca. I want to move there. Because, even if it is just as expensive to live there as here, at least you have the nice weather. We have had a pretty mild winter, but spring was short, the summer is HUMID and Buggy, and now it's cold and damp and grey...not much sun at all.
It's depressing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California