Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2008, 08:48 AM

6 posts, read 83,251 times

Advertisements

I would love to know where I could find a listing of all of the Bakersfield area home health care companies and area hospitals. We are moving there in the spring and I am a nurse in need of a job.
Would appreciate any help!
Thanks and have a great day!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2008, 10:23 AM

3,051 posts, read 11,556,528 times
I don't know about home healthcare, but here are some places to start for hospitals in Bakersfield:

Mercy Hospital of Bakersfield Home
Bakersfield Memorial Hospital Home
hospitals in bakersfield - Google Search

Old 06-08-2008, 11:01 AM

2,027 posts, read 4,193,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo3263 View Post
I would love to know where I could find a listing of all of the Bakersfield area home health care companies and area hospitals. We are moving there in the spring and I am a nurse in need of a job.
Would appreciate any help!
Thanks and have a great day!!!
Here's a list:

American Hospital Directory - List of Results

Different ones have different specialties. Kern Medical Center is a good trauma center. Mercy Southwest is less a hospital than a bunch of doctors renting offices in the same building. Mercy Downtown has a huge cancer center with one of the best oncologists and radiologists in the county. Memorial is where I went to get surgery on my broken leg and where I was born. San Joaquin is where both of my grandpas stayed when they were passing away. So it depends on what type of nursing you do or want to do and which place is hiring in that field. Good luck!

Old 06-08-2008, 01:39 PM

102 posts, read 585,740 times
Is there a reason you chose Bakersfield over other areas? If its not a must, I would suggest other areas. I'm going to have to work in Bako as a nurse for some time due to some commitments, but its one of the lower paying areas around. most hospitals start at about $25 per hour for an RN, to compare, Visalia's Kaweah delta (80 miles north) pays $34. Thats huge when you take into account that Visalia actually has a lower cost of living then Bako. If your destine for Bakersfield there are lots of hospitals to choose from. I work at Memorial and think its a fairly nice place to spend 12 hours at a time! Bakersfield has one of the largest nursing shortages in the country (though the pay wouldn't make you think so) so you shouldn't have any trouble getting a job as an RN. If your an LVN, I know some hospitals use them, but there are many retirement homes around as well. The nices Ive heard of is Glenwood gardens. CHW runs three Hospitals in Bako, so I would start there. Oh there are also several prisons within about 40 miles. Correction RN's do very well if your willing to work in that environment.

Old 06-09-2008, 12:33 AM

6 posts, read 83,251 times
Red face Thank you!!

I do appreciate the information!
My husband is being relocated to there... so ....
I am currently doing home health which pays very well here. I do miss the hospital and generally do telemetry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California