Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 08:52 PM

138 posts, read 571,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
I'm a black male but I would prefer to be in an relationship with black and other non-white women, because I feel that black male/white female relationships are abundant they attract too much attention. Futhermore, too many people disagree or are disgusted by African-American Male/White Female coupling.
==========================================

That is interesting to hear a black man say that. I am a white woman and I could only be interested in a white or hispanic male. I'm the farthest thing from racist, but as far as who I am attracted to, I could never be attracted to a black man, middle eastern man, or asian man. I appreciate when people are honest like you because many will jump up and down and scream "Shallow!" when they hear someone be honest like that, and it is true, we all have our hard-wired preferences that can't be explained but are very real. I'm a tall woman, and I don't care how nice and caring and good man a dwarf man would be, I could not be attracted to him, or a very short skinny man. I'm a Christian, I could never be attracted to romantically an unsaved man. And I could never "choose" to love a woman. It would be impossible. People love to say that is shallow on my part but I think everyone, if they are honest, has certain preferences. I say be with who you want to be with, regardless of race, sex, or color or nationality - because it really is a personal preference that nobody should choose for you. I think as long as the OP stays away from small towns that are predominately Christian, he should be ok with any race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 08:58 PM

138 posts, read 571,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddette View Post
I'm disgusted and sad that the reality of having to ask this question exists. When I look at a person, I do NOT see color, I see spirit. Although, I have to say the thought of having a black man against my white skin is totally totally totally exciting.
========================================

So now be honest... assuming you have never met this man or known him prior to the "accident" are you so open minded that you would be attracted to and accept a date from a dwarf that was disfigured in a fire and had one leg and no hands and was blind? Now be honest. People like to say "oh I'm only attracted to the spirit I'm so open and wonderful and loving I accept all people as potential mates" but the reality is you probably would not go out on a date with a dwarf as described above.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:42 PM

36,657 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Well, based on how well interracials do financially, I would say Solano County.

Solano has one of the highest percentages of interracial families of any California county, but it also has the fourth highest median family income for families comprised of 2 or more races. $102,000.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:09 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,386,687 times
I also appreciate the honesty of what attracts a person to another and personally find that I am fond of many different looking people. My family has quite a bit of latino\ anglo marriages and there is black blood in the mix also. I think my first impulse is physical beauty rather than skin color. A hot woman of any nationality\ ethnicity is an immediate turn-on. But I have to confess that I am turned-off to Muslim women wearing burkas [you can't see anything anyway ]. I read yesterday on the New York Times webpage that studies have shown that white evangelical Christians & Mormons are the most racist people in America so anywhere that has a fairly large evangelical population may be the least open to inter-racial relationships [places like Bakersfield & Temecula come to mind]. But in all the urban areas it is a common sight to see interracial marriages\ children especially between anglos & latinos and anglos and asians [and increasingly among blacks and anglos\ latinos].

Old 08-09-2010, 11:44 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA central coast View Post
I'd say worst is Bakersfield (Oildale), best San Francisco. Bakrsfield is full of black people, Oildale has always been branded redneck. Is it true? I don't know, never lived there. Reality is, I don't think it matters anywhere here.
Well i can tell you that may have been true in the 50's LOl and the stories are still being told but the truth is Oildale is over 50% hispanic, there are Blacks who live there and a fair amount of trash, i wouldn't concider it redneck at all, welfare and drugs.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,789 times
I am doing a research project about the "Color Line" in Bakersfield, Kern County for a class at CSUB and am looking to interview Bi-Racial Couples. If interested in helping with this research by answering a few questions please contact me at Bonnie. Ward84@yahoo.com No later then November 1, 2011.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:16 AM

36,657 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
I'm a black male but I would prefer to be in an relationship with black and other non-white women, because I feel that black male/white female relationships are abundant they attract too much attention. Futhermore, too many people disagree or are disgusted by African-American Male/White Female coupling.
I know this post is 3 years old, but:

Why does it matter what other people say when it comes to who you fall in love with? I dont even think we have much say in who we are attracted to. It happens outside of our consent. LOL.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:26 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,787,380 times
Los Angeles is so mixed that it's probably harder to date the same race than it is to date inter-race LMAO! There are so many inter-racial couples here that it's a complete non-issue really.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:33 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,948,981 times
I've been around all of CA and I'd vote for the mountainous regions of Sierra Nevada/Shasta Cascade being the worst and least accepting. There're whole lot of counties spanning these regions...

Old 10-16-2011, 10:24 AM

1,348 posts, read 2,857,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karkyco View Post
Inland Empire is very upper class? LOLOLOL!!! Maybe if you compare its residents to the slack jawed yokels of the Ozarks. Even the OC is mainly nouveau riche at best, and mostly...how can I put this delicately...white trash with various degrees of money (as much of it is not that well off, just slightly more well off than their cousins over the hills in the Inland Empire/San Bernadino/Riverside/etc.). Hey, it is what it is.

The other poster was right - it depends upon the actual racial combination for the most part. Some combos are fairly tolerated throughout the state (white guy with Asian girl for example), others, practically nowhere. The agricultural and remote/wilderness areas of the state will be the least tolerant of the less common or "more exotic" couplings - these less tolerant areas being the majority of the northern part of the state, Sacramento, the central agricultural parts, the inland parts, and much of San Diego and the southern area. Basically any part outside of the 2 key urban areas and economic hubs - SoCal and the Bay Area.

It is really only accepted and embraced in truly "melting pot" type settings, which are not segregated. Unfortunately, most of the state IS segregated - by ethnic or racial neighborhoods for the cities/suburban areas, and the rest of the state, predominantly rural, is mostly white with Hispanic workers and enclaves mixed in but decidedly separate.

Since you mentioned black men with white women, I would just say that it is accepted anywhere where there aren't many white men (and black women, for that matter). I can't say it's accepted in all urban and suburban areas, because it still won't fly very well in many parts of San Diego and its surroundings, the vast majority of the OC, much of the inland areas/909/951, the affluent parts of LA, the western Valley, Santa Clarita, Simi Valley, Ventura County, Santa Barbara, etc. Not to mention the wilderness/rural areas of the state.

Not only that, it most definitely wouldn't be accepted in any black areas, because often times black women are even less tolerant of this than any white guy. And they often won't be afraid to chew a brother out, call him a sellout, and actually have the nerve to talk trash in public and step up, sometimes wanting to fight the white woman.
Sacramento would be more conservative? Shows you what you know. Sacramento is actually the most racially integrated city in this country. Yes, more than San Francisco or Los Angeles, your "liberal bastions". Sacramento, the city is also 80% democrat and has a Black mayor, for godsakes. It is a very liberal city, and very relaxed attitudes towards race relations. There are a lot of interracial dating here, in fact, if you go on the Sac board, there was a guy from Florida who relocated to Sac and was freaked out by how much interracial dating and racial integration there was.

Again, this is the god d a mn problem with people talking about Sac when they clearly do not know sh i t about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California