Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 07:36 PM

1,512 posts, read 8,164,069 times

Advertisements

From your viewpoint and opinions, what are the best and worst areas (cities and counties) in California for interracial relationships?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 08:19 PM

47 posts, read 139,178 times
I hate to say it but it probably depends on the races involved.

Generally though, the bay area is very liberal and seems to be a perfect welcoming place for interracial couples. Inland Empire/Orange County areas are probably the orst since they are very upper-class, conservative people.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:23 PM

1,512 posts, read 8,164,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymes with Orange View Post

Generally though, the bay area is very liberal and seems to be a perfect welcoming place for interracial couples. Inland Empire/Orange County areas are probably the orst since they are very upper-class, conservative people.
I appreciate your honesty! So, what places are good and bad for African-American men to interracially date?

Old 06-18-2008, 10:56 PM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,151,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
From your viewpoint and opinions, what are the best and worst areas (cities and counties) in California for interracial relationships?
I think you could probably get alot of action in West Hollywood.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:00 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,409,223 times
How about everywhere.

Sorry, but I don't think this thread was started with legitimate intentions and I'm calling bull**** on this from the get-go. This sounds like second-rate flamebait at best.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:01 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,409,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymes with Orange View Post

Sure, after all, only open-minded, liberal people like yourself would never resort to stereotyping any groups....oh wait.....

Old 06-18-2008, 11:18 PM

790 posts, read 4,018,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
How about everywhere.

Sorry, but I don't think this thread was started with legitimate intentions and I'm calling bull**** on this from the get-go. This sounds like second-rate flamebait at best.
I'm not sure about that.
Why do you assume that?
Time will tell.
He may just want to be in an area that is tolerant and if he's anything but white, wants to live in a place that isn't hung up about interracial relationships and/or dating white women (or any women that are other than his race).
Or maybe he's a white dude and wants to live somewhere that isn't hung up about him dating a Mexican American woman (for example). Who knows? This country is still racist enough that people have a need to inquire in this way.
"How about everywhere" ? .... not really.
It's a reasonable question and a legitimate way of determining to what degree a town and county is open and accepting.
I need to live in tolerant areas as well.
Anyway, OP Santa Cruz and S.C. county is a very tolerant area of the state.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:17 AM

188 posts, read 919,993 times
Umm its 2008, no one is going to be throwing rocks at you over here. All my cousins in the OC married different ethnicities (Indian, Mexican, Chinese, Middle Eastern) and their only problems came from their wive's more conservative and older relatives. Yeah it'll be a more common sight in larger cities, so you might feel more comfortable, but really most people dont care.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:43 AM

1,875 posts, read 2,868,114 times
Default What I've seen in my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
I appreciate your honesty! So, what places are good and bad for African-American men to interracially date?
Men, I asked a similar question like this a while back.

The Los Angeles area is one of the good areas to date/marry interracially. I've seen alot of black male/white female couples from the City of L.A. to Long Beach. It's pretty liberal over in the LA area. My sister (she's black) is married to a white man and has 3 kids together. I've got cousins who are married to white, Hispanic, and Asian women.

I'd don't know about the bad places for interracial relationships, but I'd say the Antelope Valley is the worst and some parts of Orange County, but how would I know. I mostly venture in Los Angeles County where there's alot of interracial relationships.

Is it alright to marry/date interracially in Los Angeles?
Here's what I posted a while back.

Last edited by wclac; 06-19-2008 at 02:54 AM..

Old 06-19-2008, 09:56 AM

2,588 posts, read 5,430,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker400 View Post
Umm its 2008, no one is going to be throwing rocks at you over here. All my cousins in the OC married different ethnicities (Indian, Mexican, Chinese, Middle Eastern) and their only problems came from their wive's more conservative and older relatives. Yeah it'll be a more common sight in larger cities, so you might feel more comfortable, but really most people dont care.
That's in the OC. All of California is not the same, so this is a fair question. However, I think you're probably right, but I haven't lived in this state long enough to really know. I'm in an interracial marriage, so this would be a huge concern to me if I were moving elsewhere. Perhaps the OP is. I've not had any issues on the west coast. I'm new to California, so I can only say that we've not had problems in the Bay area and so far the Central Valley has been fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California