U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-13-2007, 11:30 AM

1 posts, read 3,160 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,
My family is seriously considering relocating to the Atwater area. Primarily for it's small town atmosphere and location on the 99 corridor with proximity to Turlock and Modesto. I would appreciate any input you could provide on housing, schools, gangs? and commute to work situation. Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2007, 03:10 PM

21 posts, read 142,814 times
Mz51- take a look at some of the other posts on the Turlock forum. I asked basically the same questions you did and got some helpful responses.

Old 02-13-2007, 03:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,156 times
I grew up in Atwater and still see my folks there often. The town is building up quite a bit - new shops and places to eat. A lot of new stuff is coming in because of the new Univ in Merced. The commute to Turlock is boring but usually moves at a good rate.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:39 PM

5 posts, read 22,481 times
I grew up in Atwater and still living here with my family I would not recommend moving in this area or the central valley really there is way to many gangs and crime!! its ridiculous & no one is really doing anything about it the schools are not that great there is a lot of kids that don't speak English so the teachers have to spend a lot more time with those students & the students that do speak English aren't getting the education they need Yes rent and housing are cheap and they are building a lot more restaurants etc. but it's just not worth it to me to live around here seeing the gang population growing this town use to feel like home to me but not anymore I'm a 24 year old mother & have a 18mo old son and i don't want him growing up over here so my family and I are seriously thinking about moving out of state well at least not living in the central valley anymore there's so many KIDS getting pregnant on welfare and doing drugs and my tax dollars are supporting these gang baggers drug addicts on welfare NO THANK YOU!

Old 12-21-2007, 06:32 PM

6,175 posts, read 11,595,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin Life View Post
I grew up in Atwater and still living here with my family I would not recommend moving in this area or the central valley really there is way to many gangs and crime!! its ridiculous & no one is really doing anything about it the schools are not that great there is a lot of kids that don't speak English so the teachers have to spend a lot more time with those students & the students that do speak English aren't getting the education they need Yes rent and housing are cheap and they are building a lot more restaurants etc. but it's just not worth it to me to live around here seeing the gang population growing this town use to feel like home to me but not anymore I'm a 24 year old mother & have a 18mo old son and i don't want him growing up over here so my family and I are seriously thinking about moving out of state well at least not living in the central valley anymore there's so many KIDS getting pregnant on welfare and doing drugs and my tax dollars are supporting these gang baggers drug addicts on welfare NO THANK YOU!
So I'm guessing you're not really lovin life.

Old 12-27-2007, 04:45 PM

5 posts, read 22,481 times
lol wow your a funny one! actually I'm Loving and living my life to the fullest I just think it's pretty sad and pathetic how it got around this area thats all =] how my generation just doesn't have any respect for others I'm not saying all of them but most of them! It just gets pretty old
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California