U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 02:51 PM

144 posts, read 399,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Japan is about the same land area as California, much of Japan is quite mountainous like California, 145,883 sq mi compared to California's; 158,302 sq mi.

Japan's population is 127,463,611, California's population is 33,871,648.

Japan has a population density of ,873/sq mi compared to California; 217.2/sq mi. We can't quite call California overpopulated, unless we are comparing it to Nevada; 18.21/sq mi
And look how the Japanese live, ON TOP OF EACH OTHER!

Old 01-19-2007, 06:45 PM

57 posts, read 188,428 times
Wink I'm outa here as well!

Hi! My husband and I ... both 34, both born and raised have our house on the market. We are relocating to upstate New York, about 1 1/2 hours outside Manhattan. The only thing keeping us here is that our house won't sell. When it does we are heading East for a better quality of life. Beautiful scenery, seasons, and excellent public schools for our son. Good luck to you. You are not alone!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-19-2007, 07:22 PM

150 posts, read 552,323 times
Nbrakern, where are you moving to, if 1 1/2 hours outside of NYC that is 'upstate'? You sound like a local NY'r, lol! I hope you enjoy where you're moving to, I grew up in Eastchester, NY which is just north of the Bronx (1/2 hour train ride into NYC). I wouldn't go back if you paid me because of those winters. If they don't bother you then go for it!

California may be as large as Japan, but most of the population lives near the ocean. There really should be two states, WestCal and EastCal. Once you leave the area within, say a hundred miles of the water, you may as well be in Nevada or Arizona.

Old 01-19-2007, 09:17 PM

4 posts, read 8,350 times
I was born and raised in Southern California. There was a time when you could go to the beach, mountains, and desert all in the same day. Not anymore, there is just to much traffic. CA has 2 seasons winter and smog. Since I've always longed for four seasons and smogless skies, a few years back I decided it was time to leave. Not wanting to stray to far from family and friends I packed up and moved to AZ. Love it here but still long for 4 seasons. So I'm packing up again and heading out for the cold winters of the Chicago area. Will I ever return to CA? Only when my kids get a court order.

Old 01-20-2007, 02:01 AM

2 posts, read 5,564 times
Default Was ready to leave 6 years ago

YES!
I want out of this crummy city they call Fre"sno(w)"

Old 01-20-2007, 09:00 AM

4 posts, read 7,654 times
I am a native Californian. I have lived all my life in Southern California/Orange County. I too am leaving this state. I will be honest with you. The biggest problem facing California is illegal aliens. They have taken over the state. They are over crowding our schools, roads, and yes prisons!! These illegal's are not just from Mexico. We have all of Central and South America coming. Our food/signs in stores are now in Spanish. Why would a Home Depot in South Orange County put up signs and display items in Spanish? There is a reason folks. There is an 800 lb gorilla in the room and it's illegal immigration. Now our governor wants to provide FREE health care for all illegal aliens in California with my tax dollars. Gee, why would I want to move out? Some people won't tell you the real problem with California because it isn't politically correct. If you folks in other states don't have a problem with illegal immigration just wait. They are coming.

Old 01-20-2007, 12:31 PM

77 posts, read 310,054 times
You are correct. Rampant immigration is destroying the American way of life and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. A few days ago, I was in the local IRS office. I saw a large, detailed sign in Spanish but no corresponding sign in English. I asked the clerk at least three times why there was no sign in English. He never really answered my question. He just mumbled a few words. The local home improvement store gives all its announcements in Spanish. One day I walked around the store and ask all the customers if they were native Spanish
speakers. Not one spoke Spanish. Scary, isn't it?

Old 01-20-2007, 01:35 PM

4,611 posts, read 7,618,893 times
I moved out of California 2 years ago and we want to move back and we are looking in the Orange County area and other areas. The one thing that might hold us back are all the illegal aliens and the problems that come with them. All the tax payers money to support them and Arnold wants to pay the illegal workers compensation over the frozen crops situation. Where does all this money come from to pay illegals??? It comes from you my friends in California, it comes out of your pockets. What a mess.

Old 01-20-2007, 04:42 PM

889 posts, read 2,032,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
I moved out of California 2 years ago and we want to move back and we are looking in the Orange County area and other areas. The one thing that might hold us back are all the illegal aliens and the problems that come with them. All the tax payers money to support them and Arnold wants to pay the illegal workers compensation over the frozen crops situation. Where does all this money come from to pay illegals??? It comes from you my friends in California, it comes out of your pockets. What a mess.
And you want to go back??

Old 01-20-2007, 06:24 PM

648 posts, read 1,804,744 times
We are native Californians, and left Orange County for Massachusetts nearly 7 years ago. The usual suspects applied: bigger house for the $, better schools, cleaner air, less crime & traffic, four seasons, and a different pace of life. What we really underestimated, however, is how much we would miss our family and friends. Every year that passes by it gets worse and worse. It's almost painfull now. Just something to consider...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California