U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Status: " All Shall Be Well; And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well" (set 18 days ago)

6,844 posts, read 6,578,504 times
I don't think there are any places in California with a lower cost of living, JJ, but at the moment I tend to feel more on the side of "stay away" than "wish I could live there".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 07:06 AM

573 posts, read 1,227,828 times
Redding has very quickly caught up to other California with the problems exhibited by all other California cities... many many people living with unsustainable entitlements...

Recently we have seen a huge influx of felons being released here from prison..

Prison gangs have vied for control of Redding for the last several years for the narco trade... it is still in flux.. but trust me.. its here

Visit and stay for awhile

Make a careful and informed decision

One any given day there are several hundred parolees walking around Shasta College with all the other students...

Ask any policeman about Redding.. go on a ride along... make sure you see the underside of the city because you will get to deal with it eventually.

40000 medical marijuana patients within three years... oh thats a place I want to go to.... not

Old 01-30-2013, 11:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwinfree View Post
Moved here three years ago from the Bay Area, in Ca. Big mistake!! If you don't mind, white trash, ignorance, sex offenders, and plenty of meth heads, and no jobs to speak of you might like it. I have lived and visited many cities, and this one is the worst. I cant wait to move out of here! Please don't make the mistake I did! There are other places in Ca. with a lower cost of living that are not this terrible.

Please tell me what other places in Ca have lower cost of living that are good places to live? I lived in the Bay Area all my life until we moved up to Oregon in 2004. Talk about red-necks, white trash, ignorance etc., it is all here in Josephine County!! I want to move away but don't know where we can afford to live in Calif these days!!

Old 01-30-2013, 11:10 AM

6,805 posts, read 1,486,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Recently we have seen a huge influx of felons being released here from prison..
Well those would be your felons that committed crimes being released back into their natural habitat...

Old 10-09-2014, 02:44 PM

1 posts, read 231 times
my name is John and i am moving to redding dec 1st from Ypsilanti Mi witch is around 25 min from Detroit I am a father of 4 and husband. Ive had enough of my neighborhood and this state so i am waiting to crop out and take my kids and wife to northen cali i will have enough money for around three months of finding a job can i get a real answer on how hard it is to find a job there is no way its harder then in god for saken michigan THANK YOU

Old 10-09-2014, 03:17 PM

172 posts, read 136,179 times
What kind of work are you looking for? Honestly for most people I would suggest unless you have a job already lined up in Redding I would highly suggest that you do NOT move here unless you have family or friends you can live with and can financially support your family when your 3 months savings are up.

Old 10-09-2014, 05:28 PM

2,475 posts, read 1,991,808 times
I would not move to Redding unless you have a job. IMO Redding is a friend and family first town and you’re an outsider. If you do find a job it will most likely be part time, temporary, low pay with no benefits.

Old 10-10-2014, 05:03 AM
Status: " All Shall Be Well; And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well" (set 18 days ago)

6,844 posts, read 6,578,504 times
If you want a job, go to North Dakota. Lots of Michigan people have been bailing out to NDakota.

Old 10-10-2014, 08:24 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
7,361 posts, read 4,140,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Well those would be your felons that committed crimes being released back into their natural habitat...
Ouch!!

Old 10-10-2014, 08:39 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
7,361 posts, read 4,140,152 times
BTW, slightly different personal perspective, but being retired and living in the Chico area, I do some local volunteer work for a fairly large social services agency that's headquartered out of Redding.

And even though Chico and Redding are both pretty comparable in size, location, weather and average income, along with the same kinda 'clientele' we serve… instead I notice how nearly all the folks and staff from the Redding office often seem to be such hard-edged and cynical a-holes for some reason. And I mostly get the sense that it's simply from working in a much "edgier", and more hard-scrabble kinda place, and from living in a local culture where 'ya always gotta be "tough" just to get along!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California