Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 02:47 PM

1,271 posts, read 2,592,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
DO YOU UNDERSTAND ENGLISH? I never wrote that CA doesn't have an immigration problem or a gang problem. I had not even mentioned gangs. This is not a comparison thread. The title is "what do Californians think of Florida." I simply gave my opinion. If you don't like it then TOO BAD!
It's no wonder you nearly got into 3 fights visiting here, I thought you California boys were more laid back and easy going, dude lol

Old 03-05-2010, 04:45 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Default what do californians think of florida

I'm a native Californian living elsewhere and I have never given a thought to Florida except during a certain presidential election. But I never wanted to live there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauskies View Post
There are no immigrants and illegals in CA? Gang issues are history? Sign me up the Mamas and the Papas are in my head.
And blauskies, Mama Cass Elliot is dead as are Denny Doherty and John Phillips who was, reportedly, also an incestuous child molester.

By the way, only Michelle was/is a native Californian!

Old 03-05-2010, 04:55 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,276,530 times
Quote:
It's no wonder you nearly got into 3 fights visiting here, I thought you California boys were more laid back and easy going, dude lol

My original post had nothing to do with your inability to understand English. Only a Floriduhh DUHH DUHHH resident could make that connection.

So as I had been saying, there are way too many immigrants, the humidity is dreadful, and the thuglife that live there nowadays, make it a place that I wouldn't want to stay very long. The beaches and the scenery, however, are nice but that's as far as it goes.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:22 PM

1,271 posts, read 2,592,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post

My original post had nothing to do with your inability to understand English. Only a Floriduhh DUHH DUHHH resident could make that connection.

So as I had been saying, there are way too many immigrants, the humidity is dreadful, and the thuglife that live there nowadays, make it a place that I wouldn't want to stay very long. The beaches and the scenery, however, are nice but that's as far as it goes.
Nah Mr. Hand lol I understand English fine, it's just that I lost my composure reading your post in a stereotypical Californish Jeff Spicoli voice lol! Gnarley, Dude!

BTW Merriam-Webster, the humidity is currently 36% and the temp. is 60F in Miami, that's really humid Yeah it get's warm and humid here in the summer well doh! it's a Tropical climate what do you expect?

I'm off to hang out with my thug buddies and a bunch of immigrants, run the sky is falling! lol! It's like Grand Theft Auto here I'll tell ya!

Old 03-05-2010, 08:33 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,111,073 times
I am California raised and love California for everything it has to offer from the coastal regions to the Sierras, the Redwoods, San Francisco, San Diego, even LA. I love the diversity, the agriculture, the food etc etc etc.
Ive had the chance to be in South Florida once a year for the past nine years, and I will say that winter in South Florida is glorious. Summer is a bit to hot/humid, but the weather in winter is perfect, the tropical landscaping is wonderful, there is a lot to do, the beaches are great, I love Cuban and other ethnic foods. The high rise and luxury construction is amazing. I dont do cold weather very well, and could easily live in California (in a number of places) and have a condo in Miami.....easy.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:53 AM
R66

145 posts, read 419,600 times
California and Florida will always be the USA go to guys. SoCal and SoFlo... the 2 places everyone wants to be.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R66 View Post
California and Florida will always be the USA go to guys. SoCal and SoFlo... the 2 places everyone wants to be.
Not! If I wanted to be I would be and I don't so I'm not. Year-round good weather, even when it's a myth, palls after awhile. We prefer some variety. Earthquakes, forest fires and hurricanes don't count!

Old 03-06-2010, 06:15 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
The New Madrid fault has yet to speak... that's one you'll feel if it does there, Mr. Ozark.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
The New Madrid fault has yet to speak... that's one you'll feel if it does there, Mr. Ozark.
Yep! It's been almost 200 years so maybe we're due. The last one sure did it right!

Old 03-06-2010, 07:43 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,276,530 times
Quote:
Nah Mr. Hand lol I understand English fine, it's just that I lost my composure reading your post in a stereotypical Californish Jeff Spicoli voice lol! Gnarley, Dude!

BTW Merriam-Webster, the humidity is currently 36% and the temp. is 60F in Miami, that's really humid Yeah it get's warm and humid here in the summer well doh! it's a Tropical climate what do you expect?

I'm off to hang out with my thug buddies and a bunch of immigrants, run the sky is falling! lol! It's like Grand Theft Auto here I'll tell ya! (According to SoFLa's crime rates, the sky IS falling.)
You obviously do not understand English. That is the reason that you were pushed out of shape or as you put it, "lost your composure" (ooh big word for a Floriduh guy) in the first place. That is the problem with you so called Floridians, you're too fu***ng FOREIGN!! Beat it you 'tard and stop hijacking the thread!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California