Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 09:11 AM

225 posts, read 469,582 times

Advertisements

That is a simply stunning post, Mr. Vaden. In one post, with the clear show of support and acknowledgement of Redwood National and State Parks regarding the habitat destruction you've been highlighting for months, you've refuted just about every argument made on the entire thread by Montclairion and the other FR trolls and clones. By posting that picture of one of the new signs being installed, they can no longer argue that no damage is being done. FR, you should be ashamed of what you have done.

You make a good point about "Y". Even though he is not being the FR site, it is clear he is in contact with the site owners. Even Montclairion made a post showing he is in direct contact with "Y", saying that "he told me so himself" about something. That's a massive red flag.

Old 07-23-2016, 03:19 PM

1,457 posts, read 6,031,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManWinter View Post
That is a simply stunning post, Mr. Vaden. In one post, with the clear show of support and acknowledgement of Redwood National and State Parks regarding the habitat destruction ... SNIP ... FR, you should be ashamed of what you have done.

You make a good point about "Y" ... SNIP
A comparison between Redwood National Parks' analysis and a statement at FR shows that FR is 100% hypocritical. FR added: "Finally, please respect the forest and other hikers by leaving no trace of your visit" 100% ... FR knows leaks trigger damage. 100% FR knows telling people online does not work. GOT is proof of this. Therefore there is no other conclusion than no matter what they write, between their ears they expect and know damage will happen. Not just happen, but get worse. RNSP's measurement for 3300 square meters of damaged forest area is only one grove. FRs ensures that 10 x 33,000 square meters will be damaged or destroyed by trashing the option of individually assisting and teaching people on a one-by-one basis.

Regarding "Y" ... he never actually wrote he does not know who is behind the domain or didn't communicate. Some of his comments were written in a way that leads people to side-line him, but don't actually close the door on the interpretation he knows what is going on.

On the other hand, myself, Sillett, Taylor and several others ... I bet any of us would feel at ease rigged to a polygraph about any aspect of it. And our statements are more conclusive. Maybe that's why so many people are convinced we have no support or knowledge of the domain's design, but still question whether "Y" had an open channel during the matter.

In closing, consider the grand-insanity of suggesting people "leave no trace" of their visit, when 3300 cubic meters of vegetation has been obliterated in one grove.

Last edited by mdvaden; 07-23-2016 at 03:28 PM..

Old 07-23-2016, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGraham View Post
I kind of doubt FR has actually posted anything here. If they wanted to explain anything it would have gone on their web site. For whatever reason they seem to just want to put the information out there and leave it at that.
Mark ... at least one domain is much less vague. The GOT .. and FYI

Two days ago, I stopped by the "place of worship" of the GOT people. The primary guy was not there, unless the dad and brother in law didn't say so. But the brother in law and I must have talked for two hours. He's one of the 3 people in some photos, now with fictitious names. Since back in 2011, I was under the impression he and his wife were a bit more level headed, so I kept those two names off the internet . Although, the brother in law was involved with the domain registration and the implementation in some fashion.

From what he tells me, he hasn't followed that domain or any new developments much if any at all. He was unaware new discoveries happened, or that their domain content had factual problems from the get-go.

He remembered them (or his wife's brother) removing the map years ago. But was surprised to learn that the story told was basically on par with a map due to the order of details. Apparently he didn't read through, and I think the one other guy most involved did most or all the writing.

Sounds like the extent of the damage was new news too.

Our conversation seemed to be somewhat productive and he asked what words I had for them about their site that he may convey to his brother in law. I told him at this point that the damage was so significant, that removing it wasn't the option I would request, but did state if it were my site that I'd pull it offline until the rangers could handle the problem. Or ... suggested re-evaluating every page and making edits. I said they should consider what's happened and if their site really stacks-up to the principles they profess, then decide where to go. I can't decide for them and don't care to tell them what to do.

Sounds like the idea of adding more about protection and damage was well received, but the one brother in law can't speak for the other brother in law.

Even as "just" a website, the site is outdated and in need of maintenance.

When I first arrived, I left a copy of the following image, taken last week in Jedediah Smith Redwoods so they could have something tangible on which to base decisions ... something that's not my opinion, but the park's evaluation instead.

Attached Thumbnails
Hyperion: Tallest Redwood: Heard hide or hair? Scuttlebutt?-redwood_sign_800b.jpg  

Old 08-02-2016, 04:43 PM

123 posts, read 173,931 times
Quote:
That is a simply stunning post, Mr. Vaden. In one post, with the clear show of support and acknowledgement of Redwood National and State Parks regarding the habitat destruction you've been highlighting for months, you've refuted just about every argument made on the entire thread by Montclairion and the other FR trolls and clones. By posting that picture of one of the new signs being installed, they can no longer argue that no damage is being done. FR, you should be ashamed of what you have done.

You make a good point about "Y". Even though he is not being the FR site, it is clear he is in contact with the site owners. Even Montclairion made a post showing he is in direct contact with "Y", saying that "he told me so himself" about something. That's a massive red flag.
Steve, your informative and unbiased posts are a real asset for all of us participating on this thread, especially Mr. Vaden, I’d say, who might show his appreciation by buying you a box of Sani-Wipes so you could remove the soil compaction from your nose.

Old 09-27-2016, 05:00 PM

225 posts, read 469,582 times
Amusing note related to the latest round of FR updates. Some of their trees which include photos, maps and GPS coordinates are completely wrong. They have completely wrong trees posted and documented.

They obviously don't have access to a LiDAR map like some of us do, or they would know how wrong they are.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Amusing note related to the latest round of FR updates. Some of their trees which include photos, maps and GPS coordinates are completely wrong. They have completely wrong trees posted and documented.
To a certain degree, what you say is not hype. On one hand, plenty are correct, and some seekers will be glad for those. On the other hand, the content is contaminated and both readers and the designers have no means for input or correction. So its like propagating multiple "lost man creek" scenarios all at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxforster View Post
I'd like to see one shred of solid evidence that either Yinghai or myself is behind FR. You won't find any. Want to know why? Because we aren't involved. I'd appreciate it if you'd keep my name out of these public conversations.
Max ...

Regardless, your names are part of this discussion. Not synonymous with FRs, but two of the most commonly discussed name in this context. Actually, you could even lump my name, Taylor, Atkins and other in the equation. Bet everybody had been scrutinized by people bothered over the subject. I took a different approach. Rather than asking for "shreds of evidence" ... I provided shreds of evidence to the contrary, stopping by to chat with a researcher, ranger, etc.. So the more you can call on phone or meet face to face with folks, consider doing so. Its better than device chat and also removes the impression of hiding.

I thought your photos on 500px are probably your best testimonials. The composition and scenery of the redwood forest images shows thought and appreciation for the finer aspects of the redwood forest. Those photos seem to express time of freedom.

On the other hand, it's crystal clear that the designer of FRs doesn't care the least about the small details of the forest. By now, there's 0% chance they are unaware of damage around various redwoods, given they read everybody's pages. So their disclaimer is an illusion. Their desire to promote damage coupled with no original content, says something about them. It looks to be somebody that can't keep it together in a work project, college or work relations with other people. So they assembled everybody's else's work to sooth and make themselves feel included. They don't even pick a good time of day that present the redwoods at their best. Just whatever scrap of time which fits to expose a trunk and hide from other people.

Imagine a project where one has to hide their presence for every photo? Where every file has to be sterilized of data. Where every upload, download and edit is behind closed curtains. Where content can't be reviewed for correction or refinement. Seems like a rather dark and heavy way to exist. A copy and paste life behind closed doors. We know disclaimers and such don't prevent an inch of destruction. So all that garble is written so they have one more chance to focus on their own screen in front, rather than look backwards to whatever failure or inadequacy they hope to hide. There is also 100% omission of reference to damage triggered by the nature of what they do. That's related to their project becoming a alternate life to cover their past. In a nutshell, nobody who loves the forest does that kind of garbage.

Last edited by mdvaden; 09-29-2016 at 10:56 AM..

Old 11-22-2016, 06:59 AM

56 posts, read 88,710 times
https://vimeo.com/176353189

Here's a heartwarming video of a church group going out and finding Hyperion and overcoming the craven lies of the lying liars who didn't want them to reach it.

Quote:
"We actually found the right tree; last time I talked to you it was the wrong tree, but this is it. And we had to work around this guy who was trying to distract us, trying to get us to go to the wrong place. He didn't want us to find it so thanks to Scott, we found it!"
Quote:
"You know, when you're uncertain about something, it's good to look into what's true and not listen to the lies. And just like God created the road map of the bible, we had a good roadmap with a little bit of misinformation here but we were able to find the truth of it and work through it."
Attached Thumbnails
Hyperion: Tallest Redwood: Heard hide or hair? Scuttlebutt?-happy-hyperion-hikers.jpg  

Old 11-22-2016, 11:32 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Such beautiful, majestic trees! I guess as long as the north coast stays rainy, they'll survive there. I think the ones farther south, around the Bay Area and Santa Cruz, won't survive growing drought. The rangers in that area are concerned for the long-term prognosis. Maybe they'll migrate north, farther into Oregon, if climate change predictions are correct: warmer winters (less snow) but wetter in the fall and winter months in the NW. That sounds like a potentially happy environment for a redwood tree.

Old 11-28-2016, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Steve, from a person who has done everything in their power to deceive, misdirect - simply lead people in the wrong direction, your citing of a few inconsistencies in an otherwise masterful effort (FR) is laughable.

As I've mentioned previously - you need a good therapist or the services of an unemployed logger.

Old 11-28-2016, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by totallyawesometruthsayer View Post
[vimeo]176353189[/vimeo]
[vimeo]176353189[/vimeo]
https://vimeo.com/176353189

Here's a heartwarming video of a church group going out and finding Hyperion and overcoming the craven lies of the lying liars who didn't want them to reach it.
Truthsayer - thanks, that video was totally awesome. I made it up to Hyperion a couple months ago myself and found the journey to be a wonderful experience - never would have found the tree without the GPS coordinates and solid directions from FR. I also visited several other trees listed on the FR website and found the directions to be spot on.

https://500px.com/photo/185485767/hy...y-montclairion

I took detailed photos and videos at Hyperion and compared them to ones taken by the FR photographer(s) a year earlier and found absolutely no wear and tear on the root structure or surrounding ground cover - so much for FR causing damage to Hyperion.

Last edited by Montclairion; 11-28-2016 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: image error
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California