U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 09:17 PM

5,707 posts, read 7,150,000 times

Advertisements

I'll say this for the area, there are some very good wineries around Lodi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 02:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,160 times
I've lived in stockt

Old 02-21-2012, 10:19 AM

20,443 posts, read 13,122,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph0629 View Post
I've lived in stockt
Really?

And what area of the stockroom did you call home?

Old 02-27-2012, 05:18 AM

104 posts, read 89,477 times
I can tell you all about stockton,ca. Stockton is a hellhole, now that's an extreme view point but i've lived here all my life(27 years). Weston ranch is close to an area called conway, which is right before weston ranch. Conway has a lot of gang and drug activity going on and always did, conway is also know for its low income apartments. Now, walking through there no one should bother you if you keep to yourself, but if your a young female then i don't know, you might be bothered. Weston ranch has a lot of undercover crime, meaning your home might be vandalized while your at work or homeless people going through your garbage cans. The northern parts of stockton like the miracle mile and down pacific avenue have some really nice homes. But if your coming to stockton, you need to know crime is everywhere. I used to work at a hollywood video right on the miracle mile and was robbed at gun point on new year's eve. Around the holidays crime around here becomes more intense and you need to be more cautious. Stockton as a whole is a sleeper town with no much to do, you go bowling, go to the latest movie that just came out, you to the clubs if you don't fear for your life and thats about it. Right now i'm kinda trapped because my job is here and I don't have enough saved to move yet. Some people here are friendly and others will just look at you like your nuts. There are lots of homeless and the job situation is dismal, so just be prepared.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A girl from Stockton,CA View Post
I can tell you all about stockton,ca. Stockton is a hellhole, now that's an extreme view point but i've lived here all my life(27 years). Weston ranch is close to an area called conway, which is right before weston ranch. Conway has a lot of gang and drug activity going on and always did, conway is also know for its low income apartments. Now, walking through there no one should bother you if you keep to yourself, but if your a young female then i don't know, you might be bothered. Weston ranch has a lot of undercover crime, meaning your home might be vandalized while your at work or homeless people going through your garbage cans. The northern parts of stockton like the miracle mile and down pacific avenue have some really nice homes. But if your coming to stockton, you need to know crime is everywhere. I used to work at a hollywood video right on the miracle mile and was robbed at gun point on new year's eve. Around the holidays crime around here becomes more intense and you need to be more cautious. Stockton as a whole is a sleeper town with no much to do, you go bowling, go to the latest movie that just came out, you to the clubs if you don't fear for your life and thats about it. Right now i'm kinda trapped because my job is here and I don't have enough saved to move yet. Some people here are friendly and others will just look at you like your nuts. There are lots of homeless and the job situation is dismal, so just be prepared.
It appears that you have benefited greatly from Stockton's world class public education system.

Last edited by Bulldogdad; 02-27-2012 at 10:06 AM..

Old 02-27-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
It appears that you have benefited greatly from Stockton's world class public education system.
You must be a really likeable guy.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A girl from Stockton,CA View Post
You must be a really likeable guy.
Opinions vary.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Opinions vary.
I'll bet they do.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:22 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,550,012 times
Resurrection: Verb. Reviving electronic thread more than five years and one month in age.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
Resurrection: Verb. Reviving electronic thread more than five years and one month in age.
Necroposting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California