Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2008, 02:06 AM

8 posts, read 100,618 times

Advertisements

Where is it I was under the impression it was Los Angeles but apparently I was wrong as told by those on the LA board. Here in Australia we're under the impression that LA is insane and I'm really looking forward to moving there, but maybe we have the wrong idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 02:28 AM

18,957 posts, read 32,406,811 times
It's not "insane" but has some pretty good nightlife, probably best in CA. After LA I think San Diego then SF are the best. If you want insane try Las Vegas. New Orleans and Miami are also pretty insane and have great nightlife scenes. But also realize if you're not 21 you are not going to be going to all the bars and clubs here. I'd get an education and a lot of money saved before you decide such a big move.

Old 08-05-2008, 02:36 AM

8 posts, read 100,618 times
Thats fair enough. I've decided to stay here for 2 years to study and then come over there for uni if i can. But at least we have the right idea that LA is the place to be. Thanks.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:41 AM

570 posts, read 1,575,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LABoundKid View Post
Where is it I was under the impression it was Los Angeles but apparently I was wrong as told by those on the LA board. Here in Australia we're under the impression that LA is insane and I'm really looking forward to moving there, but maybe we have the wrong idea.
You don't have the wrong idea, LA is insane, Their is no way I would move too Los Angeles unless I had too.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:44 AM

9,520 posts, read 30,344,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LABoundKid View Post
Melbourne is much more lively than LA, acutally. The drinking culture in Oz runs much deeper than the US. Hollywood is a pretty big nightclub and live music scene. Hermosa and Huntington Beach, and then San Diego are the party spots... they are similar to surfers paradise. Las Vegas is the really big party city.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:27 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,812,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adysmom View Post
You don't have the wrong idea, LA is insane, Their is no way I would move too Los Angeles unless I had too.
If you read the OP's comment in context, you'll see that they meant "insane" to mean a lot of partying and fun. Thus, your comment in context is saying that LA has a lot of partying and fun... so there is not way you would move to Los Angeles unless you had to. If you don't like fun... I feel sorry for you!

In response to the OP... I would say LA is definately loaded with nightlife. From Santa Monica, to Hollywood, to downtown, to Pasadena, and many places in between. I believe Santa Barbara has a good nightlife as well. I wouldn't doubt SD and SF are fun too.

Old 08-05-2008, 04:18 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,681,943 times
Party capitals in CA are based in colleges. San Diego State, Cal State Chico, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California