U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-10-2008, 11:48 PM

98 posts, read 412,481 times

Advertisements

I Love LA - Randy Newman

Pico And Sepulveda Felix Figueroa and His Orchestra

mod cut: lyrics removed

Last edited by scirocco22; 08-28-2008 at 06:09 PM.. Reason: possible copyright issues.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 05:39 PM

228 posts, read 780,408 times

YouTube - Wax - Southern California (A Film By Spike Jonze)

YouTube - Dead Kennedys - California Uber Alles (Single Version)

Old 08-12-2008, 02:36 AM

1,849 posts, read 4,693,372 times
After a few seconds of deep thought I've decide that California has more songs about it than just about anywhere.

Valley Girl by Frank Zappa along with his teenaged daughter Moon.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:25 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,337,321 times
California Man - by Cheap Trick

YouTube - Cheap Trick - California Man

For Crying Out Loud - by Meatloaf

YouTube - Meat Loaf - For Crying out Loud, with Lyrics

Old 08-12-2008, 12:37 PM

4,402 posts, read 10,044,542 times
Can someone please settle a long time disagreement ? Was Hotel California about a fancy hotel in La Jolla? Or a hotel in Santa Monica. Thanks for helping me win a nice bottle of wine.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:57 PM

"Hotel California" wasn't written about a place. It was a commentary about materialism and excess, particularly in California.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:19 PM

98 posts, read 412,481 times
At one time Hotel California was rumored to be about Camarillo State Mental Hospital. I kinda like that one.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidget View Post
At one time Hotel California was rumored to be about Camarillo State Mental Hospital. I kinda like that one.
Me, too. Far more interesting than materialism and excess, LOL!

Old 08-12-2008, 02:53 PM

550 posts, read 832,733 times
On the night of the murders, Jackson Browne, J.D. Souther and Glenn Frey of "The Eagles" all lived at 1020 Laguna in Echo Park.

Glenn Frey worked as an employee at the Troubadour night club.

Don Henley lived in the Hollywood Hills on the corner of Camrose and Tower, near the Hollywood Bowl in 1970.

Bernie Leadon was living in Topanga Canyon.

Henley and Frey became members of Linda Ronstadt's backup band before becoming the Eagles.

Don talks about the girls he met at the Whisky and the Troubadour, where the Manson girls hung out.

On the song "Take it Easy," they sing about having seven women on my mind.

Glenn also talks about playing acoustic guitar one afternoon in Laurel Canyon, and how he was trying to figure out a tuning that Joni Mitchell had shown me a couple of days earlier.

The Eagles admit that "Hotel California" is written about the darker side of LA back in the day. It makes references to 1969 and steely knife and stabbing.

Joni was connected to everyone and her song Hissing Summer Lawn is about Sharon Tate.

There is no real Hotel California. The hotel on the cover is the Beverly Hills Hotel which is located right next door to Hell, Bel Air, where the murders took place. The Hotel itself, in the song Hotel California is not a real hotel. The California, in Hotel California, is the street in San Francisco where the first Satanic church was built, (The Black House) and headed by Anton LaVey, author of the Satanic Bible.

The church in the Haight-Ashbury area of San Francisco. Susan Sexy Sadie Atkins was a topless dancer in the demonic plays that occurred there. Many major rock stars visited the church including Mick Jagger, Jimmy Page and members of the Eagles. Anton LaVey is pictured standing in the balcony on the inside of the Hotel California album cover.

Anton LaVey used the horned hand, the satanic salute, with his left hand on the back of the Satanic Bible. When Charlie sends out mail, he sometimes has a hand on the left side of his mail.

The Eagles home page also used the word "Pan" when describing some of their songs.

A close relation to voodoo is the cult of Pan.

There is also a hidden backwards message within the song Hotel California talking about Satan.

"Yeah Satan (gibb) organized his own religion."

http://www.reversespeech.com/music_reversals.htm

The Eagles admit that "Witchy Woman" is about some of the wild girls they met back then, ie. Charlie's girls. Bugliosi claims Manson told the girls to leave a Witchy sign at Sharon's. "Life in the Fast Lane" is about a drug dealer which Manson and his girls were. Manson and the girls were drug dealers to the stars.

The Eagles tell the story about how the original lyrics on the song "Desperado" was originally written for a friend of his whose name was Leo. And so the song started out "Leo, my God, why don't you come to your senses.

They began writing Desperado in '68. It was released in 1973. Leno and Rosemary LaBianca were murdered on the second night of the killing spree. Leno and Rosemary were rich and rumored to be dealing drugs. Rosemary amassed a fortune of over $2 million alone and she had moderate employment.

The Eagles are an LA based band and I believe The Eagles songs; "Take the Devil,"

http://www.lyrics007.com/Eagles%20L...l%20Lyrics.html

"Life in the Fast Lane,"

http://www.lyrics007.com/Eagles%20L...e%20Lyrics.html

"Last Resort"

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric....82568600021E15A

"Victim of Love,"

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/e/eagles/victim+of+love_20044554.html

"Wasted Time" are all written about the murders.

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/e/eagles/wasted+time_20044481.html

The Eagle's website also mentioned about hanging out with The Byrds back in the day. David Crosby was a major druggie who hung out with Neil Young and was managed by Terry Melcher. All of these people, in addition to John Phillips, Cass Elliot, Neil Young and Dennis Wilson, and more, hung out with Charles Manson. Manson was said to be the next Bob Dylan. Neil Young was one of Manson's biggest supporters. Young tried to get Manson a record deal on Reprise Records, (Owned by Frank Sintra) and Young gave Manson a motorcycle.

Sinatra was buddies with Elvis Presley and Elvis disliked Manson. Manson also slept with Amanda Lambert, Sintra's granddaughter. Sinatra was known as the Chairman of the Board. i.e., the Mob. There are photos of Frank with mob members.

Sinatra had a larger-than-life presence in the public eye, and as "The Chairman of the Board" and became an American icon, known for his brash, sometimes swaggering attitude, as embodied by his signature song "My Way."

My Way was recorded in 1969, right after the murders. The song was on Sinatra’s album called My Way, and the album also contains Frank’s cover version of The Beatles song Yesterday."

Elvis began performing the song in concert during the mid-1970s. Elvis' manger Tom Parker was a wanted killer in Europe and was allowed to stay in the USA. Parker was friends with President Johnson. Johnson enacted Operation Chaos in 1967, which targeted hippies and drug doers, i.e, Manson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_CHAOS

In order to put Operation Chaos in play, the gov needed someone in infiltrate the hippies. Manson was released from prison early and given a ticket to San Francisco, Hippy Haight. Who paid for Mason tickets, guitar, living expensive?

The government. Manson became the fall guy.

Manson was busted several times while out. He was in violation of his parole but never sent back to prison. The chances of the government allowing him too stay free are ZERO.

Listen to the whole Hotel California album again, start to finish. Every song ties together in one big story, finishing off with the Last Resort which gives you a clear summery of the whole album and idea. According to the source, The "Hotel California" is actually, L.A. itself. The song and album take you on a trip though the music industry in L.A. in the late sixties early seventies.

Last edited by kidcanaduh; 08-12-2008 at 03:59 PM..

Old 08-12-2008, 03:00 PM

4,402 posts, read 10,044,542 times
Very interesting info, thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California