Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 10:27 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,075,147 times

Advertisements

Where is the 38th parallel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 11:39 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,685,068 times
Default so

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker400 View Post
lulz, its the transplants to the bay area that are the worst. I was born in Petaluma and the town is now chock full of yuppies priced out of Marin with their overpriced organic crap. If you like cheese and wine parties with other snobs on ur vineyard ranch, then yeah you'll probably like it here, but thats no different than someone who prefers to have a poolside soiree in Newport or Laguna. Ohh wait, I forgot these people in Marin are moving there for diversity, which doesn't exist in SoCal.
So what are you trying to say there's no diversity in Socal.Either your stupid or crazy and should actually read about socal before stating Something like that.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:46 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
that blog is ridiculous and cant be any more stereotypical.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:49 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
lulz, its the transplants to the bay area that are the worst. I was born in Petaluma and the town is now chock full of yuppies priced out of Marin with their overpriced organic crap. If you like cheese and wine parties with other snobs on ur vineyard ranch, then yeah you'll probably like it here, but thats no different than someone who prefers to have a poolside soiree in Newport or Laguna. Ohh wait, I forgot these people in Marin are moving there for diversity, which doesn't exist in SoCal.
I moved to Marin like 4 years ago and love living in an area that is so incredibly beautiful but Im sorta itching to move back to Oakland-I miss black people.

Old 11-29-2008, 02:13 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,343,273 times
Ugh, disgusting tripe.

Old 11-29-2008, 05:07 PM

188 posts, read 920,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I moved to Marin like 4 years ago and love living in an area that is so incredibly beautiful but Im sorta itching to move back to Oakland-I miss black people.
Haha, I feel ya there As much as I like to hate on the place, parts of Marin are really gorgeous. I took a couple trips on Hwy 1 this summer and its really surprising that such untouched nature exists in that close proximity to a major city.

Old 11-29-2008, 05:17 PM

4,537 posts, read 12,397,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post

SoCal is where you migrate to make it. You shine up your looks and your personality and try to become a star. And when you fail, you either return home or resign yourself to a day job in the San Fernando Valley. Those with a modicum of success in the industry eventually retire up north. To Sonoma or Napa".
Somebody has been overplaying their Dionne Warwick collection:

LA is a great big freeway.
Put a hundred down and buy a car.
In a week, maybe two, they'll make you a star
Weeks turn into years. how quick they pass
And all the stars that never were
Are parking cars and pumping gas

Do you know the way to San Jose?
Theyve got a lot of space. there'll be a place where I can stay
I was born and raised in San Jose
Im going back to find some peace of mind in San Jose.

Fame and fortune is a magnet.
It can pull you far away from home
With a dream in your heart you're never alone.
Dreams turn into dust and blow away
And there you are without a friend
You pack your car and ride away

Fortunately, in the name of self-realization, all of those Silicon Valley Moguls weren't starting businesses to make a buck and find success, they just wanted to create the fastest computer chip or best piece of software for the benefit of mankind. Or perhaps the big SF litigators weren't in it for the money, they just want to help people who've breathed in asbestos, or died in an airplane crash and litigate those lawsuits pro bono.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:38 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,007,321 times
Quote:
Are you still in Petaluma?
Your description sounds a bit myopic...sure there ARE those wanna be Marinite yuppie types (and they are just as annoying), but there are not as many as the REST of us!
There's an amazing slew of artists and musicians here. And lots and lots of people who prefer cows to diesel buses.

Last edited by bellalunatic; 12-03-2008 at 08:39 AM.. Reason: grammar dangit.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:04 PM

1,273 posts, read 4,417,827 times
I don't think people think that all of California is beach boys and dumb blondes. I think people know all about San Francisco and how immoral and messed up its residents are. I love the town and I love the Italiante architecture, but its politics and the way their residents have attacked christians would keep me from living there. In my opinion Southern California is more classy, even though Hollywood has completely consumed the Obama kool-aid. I think Southern California is more comfortable and more tolerant.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:44 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,606,184 times
Many of us who have lived in both the north & south ends of California fully know that the state has incredible diversity & uniqueness. The Bay Area had a vibrant music scene many years ago but those musicians probably came to LA to tape their music. I love the Bay Area as well as SoCal & don't hear too many Californians complain about one region over the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California