Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 12:15 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,956,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by damfinejoe View Post
I am relocating from CA to PA and want take my cat with me in the car. Anyone have experience doing anything like this. Also considering flying her out after me, but I like the car idea better. I am open for suggestions, please help.
Its just me and my wacky sense of humor,,,but wouldnt it be great if youyr cat was named MIss Daisy? Somehow it seems so right for this thread!

I wish you the best of luck driving, just remember to leash the cat and stop for potty breaks along the way. Many cats have been lost when they zip out of the car and head for the hills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 12:22 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,743,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damfinejoe View Post
I am relocating from CA to PA and want take my cat with me in the car. Anyone have experience doing anything like this. Also considering flying her out after me, but I like the car idea better. I am open for suggestions, please help.
Just don''t do what I did when moving a cat from SF to LA. I got tranks from the vet and if I'd left her in the carrier nothing would have happened. But I felt sorry for her, let her out and next thing I knew she'd squeezed out the window. This was somewhere around Glen Lomond. So there the cat is lurching down the hill loopy from the drugs and me running after her. I fell at one point and rolled I swear 30 feet before I hit a bush or something. Finally got her back but remember- keep it in the carrier!!! Safe journey.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:42 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,216,682 times
Uh, guys...the trip was five years ago...

Old 02-09-2012, 10:19 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,014,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Uh, guys...the trip was five years ago...
Well, not so fast there....

The trip started out fine, but things went wrong just around the time they reached Reno.
Seems the cat found a dealer, dropped some acid and developed a gambling addiction. After the cat went through the entire traveling kitty, she ended up working in a cathouse (of all places).
Now, I could go on and give you the rest of the story, but I'll let the other folks on the forum chime in and give you the subsequent chapters in this long and sordid saga....

Old 10-30-2012, 08:09 PM

128 posts, read 638,466 times
Update: I have now driven to New Mexico from Santa Barbara with both animals and in the same way.....free in the back of the SUV where they sit up on suitcases and look out the window. My dog has a "lookout" car seat which she sits in because it is up high, and she can see out the window. These are fabulous by the way, if you have a small (short) dog who has to be strapped into the back seat. You can strap her into it as well. There is a small belt which you attach to a harness on the dog, and then onto the seatbelt of the car, which is pulled over the Lookout Seat to secure it. So, all is still working for us. We're planning another trip up to Taos with both of them. So easy and they're so happy. I do keep a travel litter box in the back of the car for my cat. It is a litter box which the cat enters from the top. It's a large box, with a lid that has a big hole. It is very deep, so no litter can be spilled anywhere, and the dog can't get in it. Works great at home, too. I wouldn't travel without it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California