U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which do you think is better?
California! So much better than New York! 60 63.16%
New York way better dudes! 21 22.11%
Uh, I don't mind either. 14 14.74%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 10:28 AM

16,641 posts, read 13,887,763 times

Advertisements

The biggest advantage of NYC over California (with the notable exception of San Francisco) is the great public transportation system. One doesn't have to drive everywhere.
Otherwise, the weather in California in general is much better than in NYC and NY state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 11:17 AM

22 posts, read 8,304 times
As we know they are both fantastic places, but I have to say, I would go for California, its such a wonderful place.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:20 AM

8,127 posts, read 10,137,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeInSoCal View Post
Hey my California neighbors. I just went to New York City for 2 weeks and sadly not impressed. Yes it is a beautiful city but the people don't back it up. They simply don't like California. I was greeted by them and when I told them where I was from they stereotype big time. They think of all California to be be this Hollywood superficial blonde world. And it is so rude. They say "oh you guys have so much smog and oh my god the earthquakes". As if they don't have smog and there going to get an earthquake. New York is On or near a fault line which lets face it will eventually go off. And they are screw@d because of all the big buildings. Sorry for all the negativity but it just really upsets me.
I lived in NYC and would agree this is the general stereotype of Californians. Also Californians say "like" too much and own like 3 cars per person.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:25 AM

9,097 posts, read 12,592,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsGL1800 View Post
Many people on the east coast have never been west of the Mississippi River, so of course they don't have any idea what it's like to actually live here. They just judge things by what they read or hear on tv.

Many people on the west coast have never been east of the Mississippi River, so of course they don't have any idea what it's like to actually live here. They just judge things by what they read or hear on tv.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:27 AM

9,097 posts, read 12,592,087 times
Im from the Bay Area but moved back east.

I find people out west provincial. And when I told folks in NY I was from California, people weren't impressed or had a strong opinion / stereotype on Californians. New Yorkers are used to being a melting pot in a small space.

I'd take NY any day. Especially in winter. Ice skating in the park or on the rare blizzard, cross country skiing in the city.. brilliant, the rare chance you can do it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California