U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-04-2008, 10:57 AM

10,257 posts, read 13,439,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanoid View Post
Not sure if you ever noticed, but it takes more than one person to debate/argue. This thread is filled with just as many posts from you as it is me. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

"I can move on, unfortunately you cannot." Apparently, you can't. You just had to respond to my previous post.
No I know that and I've stated that before with people that call me argumentative, which I am.

The difference between you and me though is that I don't keep bringing up the same crap over and over that had already been discussed several times just to argue some more. Or I won't try to make a pointless argument about how if I don't spoonfeed you information then I am pretending to know what I am talking about just keep arguing. I don't argue for the sake of arguing, YOU DO and that is the difference between you and me.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 11:50 PM

24 posts, read 80,338 times
I don't believe the voters in this state have ever met a project they don't want to fund. It's as if most of them have no idea that a bond actually needs to be repaid. As to those who vote for a bond measure just because it affects them positively; that I really don't understand. Where do you get the idea that taxpayers should be on the hook for your pet project. We can't even afford to maintain the infrastructure we have in place and now we're expected to fund a high-speed rail from south to north?! I'd call it unbelievable, but not much surprises me anymore.

The only thing I'd vote in favor of adding to California is a mandatory economics class in order to pass high school or to run for public office.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:06 AM

3,306 posts, read 1,354,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
The difference between you and me though is that I don't keep bringing up the same crap over and over that had already been discussed several times just to argue some more.
I suggest you read over your responses.

Its okay though you're allowed to be a hypocrite.

Regardless, 1A passed.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:01 AM

3,306 posts, read 1,354,791 times
The results are some what interesting. Most of the support came from the northern coast which is to be expected (after all, many of these people wish they were Euro). Southern California was much less supportive of the measure with Los Angeles County only voting 55% in favor (with 90% of votes counted).
Where as Ventura, San Diego, San Bernardino, Riverside and Orange counties all voted "no".

Election Results - November 4, 2008 - California Secretary of State (http://vote.sos.ca.gov/Returns/props/map19000000001A.htm - broken link)

I guess the rest of the state gets to pay for the Euro fantasy of the Northern Coast. Hopefully the state is never able to sell the required bonds.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:36 AM

10,257 posts, read 13,439,138 times
Quote:
I suggest you read over your responses.

Its okay though you're allowed to be a hypocrite.

Regardless, 1A passed.
You're delusional and probably the biggest hypocrite yourself, REREAD the entire thread and you'll see you kept bringing up the same crap over and over despite myself addressing the issue repeatedly. And I even addressed that several times throughout the thread. But go ahead and keep lying to yourself and telling yourself whatever you need to so you can make it through day believing you actually have any damn clue what you're talking about. Ignorance must be bliss for you...

Old 11-05-2008, 11:38 AM

5,112 posts, read 11,805,179 times
Quote:
The results are some what interesting. Most of the support came from the northern coast which is to be expected (after all, many of these people wish they were Euro). Southern California was much less supportive of the measure with Los Angeles County only voting 55% in favor (with 90% of votes counted).
Where as Ventura, San Diego, San Bernardino, Riverside and Orange counties all voted "no".

Election Results - November 4, 2008 - California Secretary of State (http://vote.sos.ca.gov/Returns/props/map19000000001A.htm - broken link)

I guess the rest of the state gets to pay for the Euro fantasy of the Northern Coast. Hopefully the state is never able to sell the required bonds.
odd that it was only 55% when la county voted a supermajority to approve a higher sales tax to the whole county to fix a few local issues that dont deal with most of the county

Old 11-05-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchracer View Post

The only thing I'd vote in favor of adding to California is a mandatory economics class in order to pass high school or to run for public office.
it already is required. 1 semester of econ and 1 semester of government in high school. still doesnt help. idiots will be idiots.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:41 AM

11,727 posts, read 24,034,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
odd that it was only 55% when la county voted a supermajority to approve a higher sales tax to the whole county to fix a few local issues that dont deal with most of the county
Wait, LA approved that 1% sales tax? So its 9.25% now? What is this, Chicago? What's next, a county income tax?

Old 11-05-2008, 11:42 AM

yes they approved it. 68% or so of voters. all its going to do is drive more people to buy goods in orange county @ 7.75%

Old 11-05-2008, 11:45 AM

11,727 posts, read 24,034,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
yes they approved it. 68% or so of voters. all its going to do is drive more people to buy goods in orange county @ 7.75%
Yeah I'd hate to be a big box retailer close to the OC line now. That's a $75 difference on a $5000 purchase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California