Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2007, 02:30 PM

1 posts, read 4,056 times

Advertisements

I am a 24 year old, single male with a good job offer in Buellton, ca. I do like the area, but I am wondering if I will have much of a social life if I move up there. I also dont know any one up there, so I will be making a fresh start. I would love to hear the pros and cons or any information that would be helpful. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2007, 04:30 PM

989 posts, read 5,910,202 times
Sir, only yourself can answer those questions. I cannot predict whether you will enjoy it. Buellton is a small town of less than 5,000 people between Lompoc and Solvang. It is very conservative. The economy draws from tourism, agriculture, and the proximity to the A.F.B. The highest numbers of kids in your age bracket will be found around the A.F.B. and in Santa Barbara(UCSB, SBCC). You will find little to do. But hey! It's beautiful up there..

Old 02-18-2007, 04:55 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,422,023 times
Actually, the things to do are endless, however, if you are an urban person you may not like it. But,,, I am creating my list of things to do after I move to the Central Coast, and I only hope I have enough life left to do them all.

Old 02-18-2007, 07:27 PM

110 posts, read 751,390 times
I have lived in the SYV for a few years. Before that I lived in the SB area for many decades. I love the Valley because SB became too big of a city for me. But at your age you'd probably love SB- there is lots to do there. Buellton is not that far away from SB & more affordable to live. Just drive carefully! The 101 to SB & back has some trecherous areas.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:14 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,044,079 times
Default Do you like hiking/nature/outdoors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafter24 View Post
I am a 24 year old, single male with a good job offer in Buellton, ca. I do like the area, but I am wondering if I will have much of a social life if I move up there. I also dont know any one up there, so I will be making a fresh start. I would love to hear the pros and cons or any information that would be helpful. Thanks.
Social life on the Central Coast will depend on your interests. If you enjoy hiking, the beach, nature, outdoors, bicycling, etc., you'll find many ways to socialize with various groups who offer organized outings. The Central Coast is an awesome area and you are lucky to have a job offer there.

Old 02-19-2007, 07:08 PM

1 posts, read 3,994 times
I gotta say honestly - everytime that I have had to move away for whatever reason, I come back. Once you are here, you are drawn here. There is much to do, discover and see. Its a great place to raise kids, livestock - to meet people and the weather is great year round. Welcome and dig in!!

Old 02-21-2007, 03:31 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,422,023 times
Lompoc is not the greatest town, it is a classic base town.
Beaches, the Santa Barbara area beaches are very nice, a winter day is usually in the 60's. The beach west of Lompoc is not a sun bathing beach.
Home School, would you not like to send the little munchkins away for 6 hours so you can go to the beach?
Sant Ynez Valley is very upscale and a great place to live
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California