Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 01:45 PM

1,319 posts, read 4,223,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
The examples you gave of the majority deciding the rights of the minority didn't make any sense. You weren't born a gun owner, your kids weren't born with the knowledge that they must go to private school. You're comparing to choices to biology. People are born gay and should have the same rights as the rest of us. As far as I'm concerned, bans on gay marriage should NEVER be on the ballot anywhere. It's wrong to let the white, Christian majority determine morals for the rest of us. So I don't mind that the courts will overturn this, it shouldn't be in your hands (or my hands for that matter) to make a decision that doesn't affect you at all but could take away the rights of someone else.
I wasn't born a gun owner; But I was born with rights that cannot be taken away. And paramount is my right to defend myself, to take care of myself, and to live my life as I see fit. But the majority has voted to take away or control those rights. I love seeing the left getting their panties in a wad over this. They've been doing it to others for so many years it is about time that they have it done to them.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:51 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,193,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPhoenix View Post
I wasn't born a gun owner; But I was born with rights that cannot be taken away. And paramount is my right to defend myself, to take care of myself, and to live my life as I see fit. But the majority has voted to take away or control those rights. I love seeing the left getting their panties in a wad over this. They've been doing it to others for so many years it is about time that they have it done to them.
Frankly, I don't care about guns. If a measure came up, depending on what it said, I couldn't tell you right now exactly how I would vote. I don't know why you're tying in gun rights with human rights. Anyone can own a gun, gay or straight, black or white, male or female. Not everyone can get married. I have hunters in my family and they all have guns with no problems. I don't know exactly what your issue is but if it's that the state won't allow you to carry a concealed weapon on the street around other people in case, what, you get robbed or something then you should count your blessings that that is your biggest "right" that was taken away. Your right to marry hasn't been taken away has it?

Old 11-12-2008, 01:51 PM

9,520 posts, read 30,344,392 times
Please note this thread is now closed. Any further conversation regarding prop 8 will be moved to the politics forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California