U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-04-2008, 11:06 AM

3,254 posts, read 3,542,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Nearly all of the fear mongering in this entire campaign has come from the No-on-8 side. It is they and only they who hurl such ugly words as bigot, intolerant and hate.

Please keep making excuses to justify and rationalize your intolerance of the views of others.
I am not intolerant of different views. I understand they believe whatever the bible says even though the bible is consistently contradicting itself ( i studied it for 13 years straight). I just don't think you should impose YOUR religious views on people who are not RELIGIOUS. I have my relgious views and I understand what the bible states but that applies TO ME.

I do not think I am so freaking special that I should tell others how to live their lives, and they should all do as I SAY.

I think some people are infringing upon others rights and I disagree with people telling others how to live their life if no one is getting hurt.

WE have no business telling people who are in love they cannot get married, if you are not the one getting married to another guy or girl then BUTT OUT!

Frankly I don't care what everyone does in their personal life. Unless their is harm coming to someone, child abuse and such, i have no desire to control others preferences or choices.

It doesn't affect me if a dude and a dude get married.
It doesn't affect me if a chick and a chick get married.
It doesn't affect me if a chick and a dude get married.

Why do you think it affects you because 2 strangers get married?

Who are you to stand in the way of others happiness?
Unless it violates another persons freedoms or harms another person, who are you to tell people what they can and cannot do with their love?

You can believe what you need to, but you cannot impose your beliefs on others.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:09 AM

2,022 posts, read 2,707,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Nobody's a hateful bigot for voting down high-speed rail even though I'm supporting it. You make it sound like a simple dispute. This is a gravely serious issue with impact well beyond the gay community. The NO campaign has stuck to the issue of marriage, not the matters of children or church taxes. I call that a cleaner game than the YES has played.
For sure, it's like the Yes and No people are watching completely different games. And, not to get off topic, but it reminds me of when Cindy McCain said at a campaign stop that Obama had run the dirtiest campaign in modern history. I don't know what she was smoking but that's not how most people saw it. The Yes on 8 people are distorting the effects and consequences of this prop for their own ends, the No on 8 people are attacking them for doing so. I don't see how the No on 8 people started it, if anything they were provoked.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
The definition of conflicted. The LDS church is brutal on gays. I'm surprised you fell in on their side on this issue, no matter how idiotic the ad was.
I smell an excommuncation.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:15 AM

Quote:
I got off on a technicality. Long story.

Anyway,
There are actually gays in The Church. The Church's position of a person that is gay is not even that such as person is excluded from being able to go to heaven.

Most don't know that.
Actually they excommunicate you if you are OUT and gay. Like my best friends ex-husband. She adopted the 2 kids away from him and the church excommunicated him. You must be in the closet because as she has said numerous times, they would not tolerate that in the church. They wouldn't let you near Temple.
AS for the Black being lower than whites in the mormon church. That has pretty much gone away. I know black and spanish/latino mormons. and they all say they are treated fairly. Doing the nasty with another man, they cannot tolerate that. So who really is intolerant?

Old 11-04-2008, 11:27 AM

25,105 posts, read 32,667,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
I smell an excommuncation.
In other words, shoot the messenger. Slash and burn, scorched earth politicking. Undecideds take note.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Actually they excommunicate you if you are OUT and gay.
Not true. At all.

Note to taboo: haters only tell you their side of the story, find out about the other side and then you will truly be informed.

But then, the no side has shown their true stripes when it comes to understanding people who disagree. All they know is attack, attack, attack.

Undecideds take note.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:
In other words, shoot the messenger. Slash and burn, scorched earth politicking. Undecideds take note.
What are you babbling about? I didn't excommunicate you. IN my church you would still be free to do what you want and ask for forgiveness later on it.

I think you are confused as to where your loyalties lie. I am sorry you are so conflicted ass to who really is looking out for you. Whatever. Peace be with you.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Not true. At all.

Note to taboo: haters only tell you their side of the story, find out about the other side and then you will truly be informed.
So please tell us how you were able to stay in a church that opposes being gay since you are gay? Did you promise to go to "fight being gay" camp or something?

I am dying to know because I know people Personally who have been excommunicated for being gay.

Are you saying each ward Varies as to how to follow Gods Law?

And all these gay people have to do is Relocate?

I am SO happy to hear they didnt give you the boot for being gay, but then you are breaking so many of Gods Laws. How do you feel about that?

Old 11-04-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
You make it sound like a simple dispute.
The No-on-8 campaign has made it quite simple. Either your with us or against us. Who knows? Hillary's tactics may have cost here the nomination, but her smearing may have worked here in this case.

Quote:
The NO campaign has stuck to the issue of marriage, not the matters of children or church taxes. I call that a cleaner game than the YES has played.
Clean? If you consider the sewer clean than I suppose you may be correct.

The No side single handedly introduced into this dialogue the words HATE, BIGOTRY and INTOLERANCE and hence have showed themselves for who they really are.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
but then you are breaking so many of Gods Laws. How do you feel about that?
My penance appears to have begun now. Prop 8 appears to have awaken something inside of me I thought was gone.

I suspect the coming months are going to be very interesting for me. There are lots of things I need to reexamine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California