Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2008, 06:18 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,532,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Another protest is taking place as marchers closed down Santa Monica Blvd in front of the Mormon Temple this afternoon. Mormons provided the bulk of the funds to stop gay marriage & therefore are the focus of the outrage. I understand that large demonstrations will continue in front of Mormon churches. This could get ugly.

I was expecting that. I'm not surprised whatsoever and I hope they get their voices heard.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:20 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,813,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Another protest is taking place as marchers closed down Santa Monica Blvd in front of the Mormon Temple this afternoon. Mormons provided the bulk of the funds to stop gay marriage & therefore are the focus of the outrage. I understand that large demonstrations will continue in front of Mormon churches. This could get ugly.
Things tend to get ugly when people are being treated like second class citizens. If gay marriage means enough to the gay community, they will fight for it (hopefully peacefully) until they achieve their goal.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:20 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,731,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
And whys that? S. ca. voted yes also, infact exceot for the central coast ca was pretty much a clean sweep, do you have gay marriage in texas? well maybe that should tell you something. didn't Ar. and FL. also were agians't your lifestyle, get the hint.
I'd hardly call a 48/52 vote a "clean sweep" - and just look at the voting breakdowns by county.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Oh yes, I forgot, in the minds of No-on-8 people, peaceful coexistence with people you disagree with is not possible. Thanks for the reminder.

Oh c'mon, Montclair... I've always considered you to be a fair & intelligent poster, but this "you vs. them" is getting a bit silly - especially considering your background. Instead of Cons and Libs, now we're labeling Yes8 and No8? Aren't things divided enough in this country? I really can't wait for Obama's term to begin, as maybe he'll finally make us the UNITED States again.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:30 PM

36,628 posts, read 67,146,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Oh c'mon, Montclair... I've always considered you to be a fair & intelligent poster, but this "you vs. them" is getting a bit silly - especially considering your background. Instead of Cons and Libs, now we're labeling Yes8 and No8? Aren't things divided enough in this country? I really can't wait for Obama's term to begin, as maybe he'll finally make us the UNITED States again.
That post was tongue in cheek. Sort of.

True about Obama.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:30 PM

4,874 posts, read 10,008,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
Come off it Roadie. Kern county voted overwhelmingly Yes as opposed to L.A. which was a much closer margin. Also, I'm pretty sure some closeted guy named Ken Mettler didn't assault a No on 8 supporter in L.A., he assaulted someone in Bakersfield. And what's with the use of apostrophes? There isn't an apostrophe in "against"! Gah!
Then let's target Kern County for retaliation.

Write to celebrities, any celebrities, that are willing to do this. We need to inflate the taxes sky high and begin to take over the county. Celebrities should buy parcels of land and develop them so the property values, and taxes, rise. These families wanted to strip rights from homosexuals, so let's jack their taxes sky high to break these families apart or to force them to move out of state.

BTW I'm from Texas, but I wish I was able to vote against this here.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:36 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,289,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
Come off it Roadie. Kern county voted overwhelmingly Yes as opposed to L.A. which was a much closer margin. Also, I'm pretty sure some closeted guy named Ken Mettler didn't assault a No on 8 supporter in L.A., he assaulted someone in Bakersfield. And what's with the use of apostrophes? There isn't an apostrophe in "against"! Gah!
On the 4th the news showed the no on 8 side trying to start trouble so big deal, mettler got into it with a punk trouble causer who has restraining orsers law suits filed agianst him for domestic abuse, good example. does texass have gay marriage? why would you care about Ca. ?

Old 11-06-2008, 06:37 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,289,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I'd hardly call a 48/52 vote a "clean sweep" - and just look at the voting breakdowns by county.
You need to look at the county map to see the big pocture.Anyway it's all over or atleast it should be.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:38 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,565,080 times
Now the march has closed down Wilshire Blvd in Westwood as they march on the Federal Building. The traffic jam is humongous. The Mormon church will be the focus on continued demonstration demanding that they lose their tax exemption if they want to participate in the political denial of human rights. The Mormon church will be under much pressure with negative PR they may regret!

Old 11-06-2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
You need to look at the county map to see the big pocture.Anyway it's all over or atleast it should be.
Isn't that what I said (about looking at the county maps)? Anyway, I think this fight is FAR from over... obviously, when you look at all the protests & lawsuits that are following.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California