Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2008, 09:33 PM

1 posts, read 5,717 times

Advertisements

I have some questions about getting hired as foreigner (Danish) worker here in California, because of to many not answered mails and calls to companies.

Due to I am married to an American girl for the second year, I would think it would be easier to get my work/resident permit, so I for real can start to live and work here. I just recently extended my VISA to stay here for 3 more months, but still in need of a sponsorship to work.

I am asking here, because I am going very empty of ideas about what to do.

Danni
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 11:46 PM

956 posts, read 3,001,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhou View Post
I have some questions about getting hired as foreigner (Danish) worker here in California, because of to many not answered mails and calls to companies.

Due to I am married to an American girl for the second year, I would think it would be easier to get my work/resident permit, so I for real can start to live and work here. I just recently extended my VISA to stay here for 3 more months, but still in need of a sponsorship to work.

Danni
Now's not the best time. We have many unemployed and underemployed citizenry already here. Try back in a decade.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:23 AM

2,568 posts, read 6,748,354 times
Quote:

Danni
If you live here and are married to a US citizen, your spouse can sponsor you. Not sure about current forms but when I did it I applied for a work permit at the same time as I adjusted my status to permanent resident.
Check the ins website. USCIS Home Page

Old 11-05-2008, 09:43 AM

136 posts, read 548,686 times
Quote:

Danni
Honestly, you don't want to move here. Why jump on a sinking ship? Our state is going down the toilet, I would run the opposite direction if I were you!

Old 11-05-2008, 08:19 PM

239 posts, read 723,344 times
If you are married to an American citizen, I hope you have already filed your application for Green Card, your permanent residency document. As soon as the paper work is filed, you can also apply for a work permit, which then puts you in a competitive position with any other permanent resident or citizen. What kind of visa are you on right now?

Old 12-25-2008, 11:35 PM

1 posts, read 5,490 times
I to want job in USA. I look for job in field to pick banana, but get no job in California. I am good picker. Back home I am picker full time in Babubu Punjab India. I now look for USA wife to get a job. Can you help me. Thank you. Matha Whaka

Old 12-26-2008, 07:43 AM

1,369 posts, read 3,309,062 times
Yeah, if you're married to an American woman, you do not need an employer to sponsor you. You should talk to an immigration lawyer or someone knowledgeable in the field. It will be virtually impossible to get a company to sponsor you right now unless you want super low pay, but you can get a green card and have the ability to be a permanent resident and work without sponsorship. Then you can get a job the same way an American would, which may be very easy or very hard depending on your field.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 3,259 times
Hi i m Thiru living in Chennai, india. I am a MBA post graguate working as a medical representative for NOVONORDISK INDIA PVT LTD, My dream is to live in USA, i m looking for some great opportunities to make my life succesful, i am ready to learn, develop & come up in any situation, i dont have any known person in USA. Indians who s see this or if you know any opportunities or if you can, Give your hand, i will grow. my mail id: [email]thirued@gmail.com[/email], phone :+919677301422
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California