Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2008, 11:36 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,292,950 times

Advertisements

I'm pro-choice and believe parents should be notified about a minor child's decision to abort. I find it quite surprising that Prop 8 can pass (a very conservative stance) and prop 4 would fail (a liberal stance). In fact the whole voting results on the props were quite schizo.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:31 AM

1,831 posts, read 5,293,459 times
This is what ... the third time this is on the ballot and it's failed? When will you guys get the message?

As for the religious and right wing nut jobs leaving the state ... please, by all means, go.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:06 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanna_house View Post
I am in total shock that so many adults would be willing to give up parental rights, as evident by this prop passing! I mean, am I in the Twilight Zone here?!?!
They vote against telling parents about something as important and lifechanging as an abortion but vote for making CHICKENS more comfy!! WTF?

Old 11-06-2008, 07:19 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
Yes CESpeed has been planning on leaving California for awhile now. I think all she is trying to say is that if she had any lingering worries about leaving, this vote removed them. I have had many conversations with this youg lady. She is no ones fool. No reason to lay into her.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:27 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,114,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
You don't seem to realize that I'm calling her out on her BS. She is making this whole "moving out of CA just because of Prop 4" thing up from how I see it and I'm giving her the opportunity to explain herself, which she can't. If I think someone is lying or just BSing, I'm going to call it out.
You are again WRONG! If you look at my profile, you will see when I joined CD. There is a link that allows you to see what threads I've started. You will see that my FIRST threads I've started on CD were inquiries about moving to Arkansas.

And whether you believe it or not, when I decided I no longer wanted to live in California the FIRST website I went to was one that listed teen abortion laws by State. Any State that did not have a consent or notification law was immediately taken out of consideration.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:13 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
You don't seem to realize that I'm calling her out on her BS. She is making this whole "moving out of CA just because of Prop 4" thing up from how I see it and I'm giving her the opportunity to explain herself, which she can't. If I think someone is lying or just BSing, I'm going to call it out.
I don't think it is any of your buisness to call speed out, she doesn't owe you any explanation.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:28 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,114,593 times
I want to thank mommabear, Capt Dan and Roaddog for understanding my point. And Capt Dan again for confirming my moving plans. Unfortunately, this is the only way I can rep you guys but I wanted to publicly thank you as well.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:43 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I don't think it is any of your buisness to call speed out, she doesn't owe you any explanation.
You're right she doesn't have to explain anything to me if she doesn't want to but that doesn't mean I am not going to call her out on her BS. If I think someone is lying or full of it I will call it out no matter what it is about. I don't really see how this is any of your business anyways too about what or who I call out.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:53 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
You are again WRONG! If you look at my profile, you will see when I joined CD. There is a link that allows you to see what threads I've started. You will see that my FIRST threads I've started on CD were inquiries about moving to Arkansas.

And whether you believe it or not, when I decided I no longer wanted to live in California the FIRST website I went to was one that listed teen abortion laws by State. Any State that did not have a consent or notification law was immediately taken out of consideration.
I do feel pretty embarrassed now b/c you are right, your first thread does mention teen abortion. So yes I was wrong and I apologize for that, just from what I've seen you talk about before on the LA forum I never saw this topic come up and the fact that there were 2 previous attempts that were both shot down, that is what lead me to make my assertion, but I was wrong in the end.

So if this had passed you would have actually staying in CA despite all of the things you dislike about it?

Old 11-06-2008, 06:29 PM

95 posts, read 310,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
I will never understand why people in the State of California are so against parents being parents to their children. Just because there are a very small minority of Parents who are abusive doesn't mean that responsible parent should be penalized. The defeat of Prop 4 makes it easier for organizations with a political agenda to take advantage of a child when she needs people who love and care about her the most. It also makes it easier for predators to cover up evidence of sex with a minor. I wonder if the people who voted against parents thought about these things or if they simply decided that the child and the impact this will have on her isn't as important as protecting abortion rights.

I'll be moving to a State that will support ME being a parent to my child as opposed to an organization that considers her as little more than a file.
Prop 4 was no more than a foot in the door for anti-abortionist by making a 48 hour waiting period.

Just as the anti-gun people made all of these waiting periods in California, the anti-abortionists wanted to join the fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California