U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-08-2008, 02:16 PM

144 posts, read 260,606 times

Advertisements

I have been in the Eureka/Humboldt county area for a couple of months now and am shocked by the lack of customer service around here. People seem to dawdle, ignore you, give sub-par service and it seems to be the norm rather than the exception. I understand that I can't expect awesome service everywhere I go, but come on people. Boyfriend and I are excellent tippers, normally giving at least 20% if not more if the service is out of this world. Would it kill these people to try and earn it?! Seriously, what gives in this area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 02:42 PM

3,794 posts, read 4,909,653 times
It sounds like you're talking about restaurants. Can't help you- I eat out a lot and always get excellent service. This is a low-income area and they really depend on those tips. I do notice the service is worse in Arcata but that's because the help is mostly college kids,lots of turnover.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:26 AM

5,309 posts, read 5,514,719 times
Have you tried the Gon Sea near Target, the service there is usually very good and the food is great. Try a few restaurants in Ferndale before you give up. Trinidad has a few nice places too. But I will say this, we had to stay a few days in San Francisco a week ago and the service stinks there too.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:00 PM

144 posts, read 260,606 times
Thanks for the replies. Nice to know it isn't just this area! No, I haven't tried Gon Sea, but will deliberate with the SO, sounds like a good place.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:14 PM

17 posts, read 42,228 times
Thank god!! So glad to hear someone finally say that
I've been saying that since the day I moved here and all the locals think I'm crazy and get all defensive.

It just the mind thought up here. Very relaxed, which can be good and bad!
I have often said we have the worst of all the chain restaurants I have ever seen. All fast food here is worse then other places, especially KFC and Carls JR.

Don't expect people to agree with you though. Locals will defend it to the end!

And P.S. Gon Sea is not "very good" service. It would be considered normal anywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California