U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-02-2008, 09:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,007 times
Default Leaving orange county, with elderly parent to care for.

Moving from Orange County. Have an elderly parent. What states would you recommend to live in where seniors have a chance at some life? I know there is Laguna Woods in Orange County, and just started searching about the Laguna Woods experiences. Would Austin or San Antonio be a good place for an older woman? I know is a good place for seniors because of public transport. As well as New York. Any tips would be appreciated. My parent is still mobile but cannot drive. What abou fishers, Indiana? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 05:02 AM

26,362 posts, read 54,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablevista View Post
Moving from Orange County.
Why are you moving from Orange County?
Where are you moving to? Why not have her move to where you are moving?

What does she want to do?

Old 06-25-2009, 05:00 AM

98 posts, read 254,438 times
Exclamation Laguna Woods Is Where I Live,Maybe I can Help You????

I have lived in Laguna Woods for almost 9 years with my parents. It is now just my Mom and I for the last 6 or so years. I will be glad to answer any questions that you might have.

Drop me some mail at: a911lass@aol.com

Thanks,
Marci

Old 06-25-2009, 07:49 AM
Status: "Give just a little of yourself to others." (set 11 days ago)

48,927 posts, read 40,295,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablevista View Post
Moving from Orange County. Have an elderly parent. What states would you recommend to live in where seniors have a chance at some life? I know there is Laguna Woods in Orange County, and just started searching about the Laguna Woods experiences. Would Austin or San Antonio be a good place for an older woman? I know is a good place for seniors because of public transport. As well as New York. Any tips would be appreciated. My parent is still mobile but cannot drive. What abou fishers, Indiana? Thanks.
Just out of curiosity or for a better understanding, why are you leaving OC?

Now, that I have asked that and if you do not need to work or will not be working there are many great places for seniors. Of course Florida, AZ and NM. Albuquerque is great, the biggest problem is public transportation.

Nita

Old 06-25-2009, 07:54 AM

26,362 posts, read 54,199,434 times
A lot of communities (Calabasas is one I know of) have cheap door to door service for seniors. My parents use it to get to places. There is also something called Access for I think LA County that takes my mom to the airport for like $5. So, that might be a strong thing to consider: senior transportation to doctors, shopping, cocktail lounges, frat parties, palm readers, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California