Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 10:25 AM

1 posts, read 3,490 times

Advertisements

You should carefully consider moving to Oakhurst. It's exactly as described 1hiawath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 01:49 PM

5 posts, read 12,424 times
Wow, I'm so disappointed! After reading about fairy tale known as Oakhurst in 2007-2010, I get to the end of the post and find , 'carefully consider moving here". So sad. A lot of towns around CA have experienced this. I'm looking to buy some land and do a little organic farming and ranching but not be too far from a great community. Between Oakhurst and Mariposa, I thought I'd found it. As a side note: How do residents there feel about the "clean food movement"?

Old 05-07-2013, 02:28 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,507,394 times
Oakhurst, Coarsegold and Ahwahnee are fine. I wouldn't hesitate to live in them at all. Yes, they're not as wealthy as the Bay Area. Yes, they're more conservative than the coast. Big deal. I lived in Mariposa for 16 years and while its also those things there are still plenty of artists, gays/lesbians and old hippies too. Basically, there's room for everyone in the Sierra foothill towns from Nevada City to Coarsegold. Its a pretty live-and-let-live area.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:19 PM

43 posts, read 138,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
Oakhurst, Coarsegold and Ahwahnee are fine. I wouldn't hesitate to live in them at all. Yes, they're not as wealthy as the Bay Area. Yes, they're more conservative than the coast. Big deal. I lived in Mariposa for 16 years and while its also those things there are still plenty of artists, gays/lesbians and old hippies too. Basically, there's room for everyone in the Sierra foothill towns from Nevada City to Coarsegold. Its a pretty live-and-let-live area.

EXACTLY! Why can't everyone just peacefully coexist? I started reading this thread with great interest, after having driven through Oakhurst to get to Yosemite NP this morning, and I am so disappointed that the "moving discussion" turned political...always an "us against them" mentality...it seems to be such a problem in this state, which is strange because CA predominantly leans left, anyway (????) Sad. I'm very Conservative, but I'm also very non-judgmental.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:22 PM

347 posts, read 314,708 times
Heya Lieutenant. Get your housing squared away and shipshape?

Old 05-18-2013, 08:23 PM

Sir, Aye, Sir!!! And the pooch came with me, and got herself a HUGE yard.. We BOTH are lovin' California...

Old 05-18-2013, 08:24 PM

Very good. As you were.

Hello from Sunnyside, Lieutenant. Enjoy your stay, though you may find the beach further away, than described in the company literature. Could be worse, could be .... Well, actually that is a stumper ain't it.

I suppose you could be on a submarine under the antarctic working on the CO's triglyceride imbalance or something wicked like that.

I must confess Boy Scout First Class is as far as I got. But the Old Man told me to help where I could, so I done did my best.

Glad it worked out. Pooch all settled in?

Old 05-18-2013, 08:27 PM

LOL!!!

Old 05-18-2013, 09:57 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,893,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bountybligh View Post
I suppose you could be on a submarine under the antarctic
That would be one hell of a trick, as the Antarctic is a land continent.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:01 PM

Yeah. Makes the CO's problems look relatively minor in comparison don't it.

You never know what technology the Navy has, Professor AntersonGeo

You know, black budgets and the like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California