U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-02-2009, 07:52 PM

1,634 posts, read 4,202,499 times
IMO, SLO County is the best place to live in CA. I don't see that here. Locals moved out, L.A. and the Bay Area moved in. I haven't met many out of staters or foreigners. And as far as I'm concerned this IS the spot.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 08:50 PM

5,031 posts, read 8,040,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA central coast View Post
IMO, SLO County is the best place to live in CA. I don't see that here. Locals moved out, L.A. and the Bay Area moved in. I haven't met many out of staters or foreigners. And as far as I'm concerned this IS the spot.
I love San Luis Obispo & enjoy the drive from Paso Robles over the steep Cuesta grade. I had childhood friends at Cal Poly & would visit SLO as well as Pismo Beach. Once I was watching huge breakers at the beach near Morro Rock when a 15' wave swept up several sight-seers including me. All of us managed to hang on to rocks but it was a thrill for a teenager.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:04 PM

268 posts, read 579,517 times
Sorry. My apologies if I offended. Have a nice evening.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:21 AM

1,831 posts, read 3,562,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Sorry Floridian but your comments reveal a racist bias that is offensive. Why do you continue to post your racism on California threads? The last time the moderators removed your racist comments altogether.
Let's face it, this really is the bottom line for a lot of the California haters. They want this state to be cheap and they want this state to be white.

The funny thing is, they can move to other states but, they're going to run into the same thing ... especially in places like Texas or Florida. Brown people don't just live in California.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:24 AM

26,362 posts, read 54,365,863 times
(image not protected by copyright)

http://www.cairco.org/images/map_conquest_of_aztlan.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-03-2009, 10:39 AM

5,031 posts, read 8,040,240 times
No offense, Charles but by posting that ethic map, does that mean you live in Alabama because it is historically one of the most racial states in the nation?

The Southwest has always been heavily Latino since it was discovered\ settled & governed by Spain in 1700's.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:46 PM

26,362 posts, read 54,365,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
, does that mean you live in Alabama because it is historically one of the most racial states in the nation?
I posted the map to illustrate the post prior to mine.

I moved to Huntsville for a lower cost of living, jobs, and more kids in the neighborhood (than we had in Colorado).

Here's a thread on the Alabama forum:

How racist is it in Alabama nowadays?

Old 01-04-2009, 12:55 AM

541 posts, read 1,189,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA central coast View Post
I was going to say the exact same thing. I was born in the OC, and my parents (with us) moved to Paso Robles in 1991 .. when there was only a KMart and two supermarkets.

In the early to mid 2000s, I noticed more and more expensive cars, stretch Hummers, and people flying into town for wine tasting. Sure, tourism is great, but we locals tend to blame the LA/SF people for adding the snobbery factor [and high house prices]. The differences between the locals and the LA/SF transplants are obvious.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:18 AM

1,634 posts, read 4,202,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckzter View Post
The differences between the locals and the LA/SF transplants are obvious.
That is so true.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:30 PM

268 posts, read 579,517 times
Paso Robles is without question a very beautiful place, and family oriented. A lot of very Nice people there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California