U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-23-2011, 10:46 PM

7,154 posts, read 3,724,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
"You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain." Exodus 20:7
Hey, alrighty! You like fiction! Me too ... here's my reading list to share for tonight:

"The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it." (Genesis 2:15)

"You shall not pollute the land in which you live.... You shall not defile the land in which you live, in which I also dwell; for I the LORD dwell among the Israelites." (Numbers 35:33-34)

"Woe to you who add house to house and join field to field till no space is left and you live alone in the land. The LORD almighty has declared in my hearing: 'Surely the great houses will become desolate, the fine mansions left without occupants. A ten-acre vineyard will produce only a bath of wine, a homer of seed only an ephah of grain.'" (Isaiah 5:8-10)

"Is it not enough for you to feed on the good pasture? Must you also trample the rest of your pasture with your feet? Is it not enough for you to drink clear water? Must you also muddy the rest with your feet?" (Ezekiel 34:17-18)

"I brought you into a plentiful land to eat its fruits and its good things. But when you entered you defiled my land, and made my heritage an abomination." (Jeremiah 2:7)

If you enjoyed these, lemme know ... I got LOTS more
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 11:06 PM

5,511 posts, read 6,477,710 times
Quote:
@ Snort
"You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain." Exodus 20:7
I wouldn't take the Lord's name in vain. I'm totally serious.
You used a bad word: the posterior end of a rodent.
For that, you are a potty-mouth and make the baby Jesus cry.
What else would our Lord do when witnessing such an offense?
Shame!

Old 12-23-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
"Woe to you who add house to house and join field to field till no space is left and you live alone in the land. The LORD almighty has declared in my hearing: 'Surely the great houses will become desolate, the fine mansions left without occupants. A ten-acre vineyard will produce only a bath of wine, a homer of seed only an ephah of grain.'
I think you just described L.A. and parts of San Jose (among other places).

So, a homer of seed only an ephah of grain, huh? (You can't make this stuff up!)

Old 12-23-2011, 11:24 PM

3,522 posts, read 5,585,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Hey, alrighty! You like fiction! Me too ... here's my reading list to share for tonight:

"The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it." (Genesis 2:15)

"You shall not pollute the land in which you live.... You shall not defile the land in which you live, in which I also dwell; for I the LORD dwell among the Israelites." (Numbers 35:33-34)

"Woe to you who add house to house and join field to field till no space is left and you live alone in the land. The LORD almighty has declared in my hearing: 'Surely the great houses will become desolate, the fine mansions left without occupants. A ten-acre vineyard will produce only a bath of wine, a homer of seed only an ephah of grain.'" (Isaiah 5:8-10)

"Is it not enough for you to feed on the good pasture? Must you also trample the rest of your pasture with your feet? Is it not enough for you to drink clear water? Must you also muddy the rest with your feet?" (Ezekiel 34:17-18)

"I brought you into a plentiful land to eat its fruits and its good things. But when you entered you defiled my land, and made my heritage an abomination." (Jeremiah 2:7)

If you enjoyed these, lemme know ... I got LOTS more
You make good points. But we still have control of the land and I would say most suburban developments have not killed people or caused major pollution. It's mega-cities like LA and New York City that cause most of the problems. Look at the Wilmington Oil refineries or the Texan sewage recycle plant and nuclear waste sites that takes in overfill from NYC.

God does call us to not live in huge homes and he calls to live very scarcely with few possessions as possible. So living in our large homes is going against the Bible. But God also wants us to be happy.

Cars and planes and ships which cause pollution are also used for good as missionaries have reached into places that have not heard the Gospel yet.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:25 PM

3,522 posts, read 5,585,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
I wouldn't take the Lord's name in vain. I'm totally serious.
You used a bad word: the posterior end of a rodent.
For that, you are a potty-mouth and make the baby Jesus cry.
What else would our Lord do when witnessing such an offense?
Shame!
Then you can call me out for the bad word not in a way using Jesus in a humorous fashion.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
I think you just described L.A. and parts of San Jose (among other places).

So, a homer of seed only an ephah of grain, huh? (You can't make this stuff up!)
Got to hand it to the guy .. great writer. Keeps me on the edge of my seat the whole way through ... hard to get up and leave until the toilet paper runs out.

And to think Santa Barbara is named after a Saint, only to be hated by a zealot ... dang!

Old 12-23-2011, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Then you can call me out for the bad word not in a way using Jesus in a humorous fashion.
Nothing funny about a crying baby Jesus.
It's just illustrative of our Lord's hurt feelings.
Remember that anger (the unrighteous kind!) gives the devil a foothold, etc....

Ephesians 4:29
"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you."

Old 12-24-2011, 12:03 AM

Well! After all that I propose a nightcap! -- with a toast, of course:
"Lev. 25:23-24. The land is mine and you are but aliens and my tenants. Throughout the country that you hold as a possession, you must provide for the redemption of the land."

Old 12-24-2011, 09:08 AM

6,390 posts, read 2,855,577 times
Quote:
I don't give a rat's ass on what any of you have to say or your understanding of the Bible. I said my peace.

Actually, you said your "piece" not "peace"
Quote:

Cars and planes and ships which cause pollution are also used for good as missionaries have reached into places that have not heard the Gospel yet.
The history of missionaries is interesting.
"Hi ya'll benighted natives, we done brought you medicines and schools, and all you have to do to get some healthcare and schooling is to dump whatever satanic religion ya'll been following for thousands of years, and turn Christian."

I wish ya'll a Superb Saturnalia with plenty of archaic German overtones.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Actually, you said your "piece" not "peace"

The history of missionaries is interesting.
"Hi ya'll benighted natives, we done brought you medicines and schools, and all you have to do to get some healthcare and schooling is to dump whatever satanic religion ya'll been following for thousands of years, and turn Christian."

I wish ya'll a Superb Saturnalia with plenty of archaic German overtones.
More like: "Hi ya'll ... brought you some diseases ... and now that you're gonna need healthcare for that, boy! do I have a deal for you! ... First, get down on your knees to me ... then .........." and the rest is history ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California