U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 04:38 PM

875 posts, read 857,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorback_06 View Post
It sounds like you have a personal problem. May I suggest Scranton, PA.
LOL!!! Dunder Mifflin FTW!!! or Loss!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 05:00 PM

355 posts, read 821,386 times
If you've lived all over the country, then why not go back to the place you liked best? If you liked SF, go back there.

If you want to live in Laguna Hills because of what you've seen on TV, don't bother.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:10 PM

51 posts, read 198,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriatica View Post
If you've lived all over the country, then why not go back to the place you liked best? If you liked SF, go back there.

If you want to live in Laguna Hills because of what you've seen on TV, don't bother.
I've heard Laguna is very pretty. Heard it's kinda artsy & has great shopping. Do you think this is true? Or will I be bored like I am in SB?

Old 01-06-2009, 05:37 PM

7,527 posts, read 7,084,049 times
We stopped in Santa Barbara for a couple of days once, as part of an itinerary, and I'll admit that we were a bit disappointed. We liked Pismo Beach MUCH better despite it being so small. However, the weather should be ideal, is it not?

Old 01-06-2009, 05:42 PM

355 posts, read 821,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelinala View Post
I've heard Laguna is very pretty. Heard it's kinda artsy & has great shopping. Do you think this is true? Or will I be bored like I am in SB?
You should go visit it before you decide. Being bored is usually more a function of the individual than their surroundings.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:00 PM

5,510 posts, read 6,470,220 times
"La Tierra Adorada" is really "La Mierda Dorada"? They lied to us about the history and reputation of Santa Barbara! And Julia Child, who loved La Super Rica, had zero taste or culinary sense. Such an ugly, squalid little town is Santa Barbara!

Old 01-06-2009, 06:35 PM

1,630 posts, read 3,306,500 times
You sound like you are twelve years old, "never move here!!!! omg omg"

Old 01-06-2009, 08:26 PM

127 posts, read 289,592 times
I agree with original post - Santa Barbara is a millionaire's ghetto, and overrun with bums. The natural area is beautiful, but the graffiti and trash are not. Is there even a WalMart in SB? The positives are that it is one of the few popular areas in SoCal that have resisted over development the negative-side to this is called, anti-capitalism. There are more quirky people there than Orange County, and it has more of a liberal feel likely due to the college.

I would move to Laguna Hills in a heartbeat. SF is SB's problems times 10. If given the choice between SF and SB, I would stay in SB. It's not that horrible, but you are right.. it certainly has it's problems.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:59 PM

5,510 posts, read 6,470,220 times
Dear God,
My prayer is a simple and modest one: just let me have a 2 bedroom in that craphole, Santa Barbara...overlooking the ocean.
Yours,
Snort

Old 01-07-2009, 09:02 AM

9,798 posts, read 12,386,429 times
Maybe beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Also if you don't like the living conditions that you are currently under change them. No one gave Oprah an estate in the area. She did what most do and earned it. If you would be happier in an estate than in a neighborhood then do the same and earn the right to live that way. For me I love the Santa Barbara coast on down to the Malibu area. It is not for everyone least of all a travell nurse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California