U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 01:03 AM

2,655 posts, read 7,165,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle toes View Post
Funny!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 06:27 AM

51 posts, read 207,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Oh and by the way, Audi is an entry level luxery car at best. Ranks right up there with the Lexus, Inffinity, Cadilac, and some other cars. I would bet that of the two models that could be considered more than entry level, you haven't the cash for those.
Ahh..because I'm just a lowly nurse? Please. You would be surprised just how much money I can make with my profession. Probably more than you.

You don't know my financial situation....

And in no way is an audi equivalent to an infinity or a cadilac. Please.

Anyway, happy to see some others agreed with me on this one.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:04 AM

10,202 posts, read 13,333,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelinala View Post
Ahh..because I'm just a lowly nurse? Please. You would be surprised just how much money I can make with my profession. Probably more than you.

You are so correct. I have no idea what your financial situation is. What I do know is the range in pay that we offer our travel nurses. I know what the range in pay for our in house nurses. I even know what we are paying our management staff. On top of that I know what I am getting paid and I prefer my income. But that is just for one heathcare system with a couple hospitals, 9 unit clinic system, and ownership in several health care business operations. I also know that the nurses that we have on staff have some cute looking little cars made by BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Inffinity, and even Audi but they don't compare to my car, my plane, or my boat. I also know that our nurses have nice lifestyles. Good for them. Audi does make some great cars. But nothing that they make excites me too much. A good friend had a A8 and it is a fine car. Just nothing to get excited about.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:26 AM

567 posts, read 1,663,287 times
One thing about Santa Barbara is even when you make good money its very hard to make it there,unless you want to rent for the rest of your life. The city does have alot to offer but its not worth it to me, its just to expensive. For the pay of a travel nurse or any nurse for that matter they earn every nickel its a hard job and not appreciated enough.
Thank you to all of the nurses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelinala View Post

Old 01-09-2009, 11:32 AM

8,257 posts, read 11,004,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havasu View Post
One thing about Santa Barbara is even when you make good money its very hard to make it there,unless you want to rent for the rest of your life. The city does have alot to offer but its not worth it to me, its just to expensive. For the pay of a travel nurse or any nurse for that matter they earn every nickel its a hard job and not appreciated enough.
Thank you to all of the nurses.
I dont know if I can agree with all this and the OP. I raised 3 kids by myself. Being a single parent eliminated any chance of working a second job. I lived and worked in San Luis Obispo. Which isnt a whole lot less expensive than Santa Barbara. We managed to buy a home and live fairly comfortable on my OR nurse salary. Did we have everything that we WANTED? No. But we could afford everything we NEEDED. Sometimes I think people find financial difficulties no matter where they are because they want everything NOW. If the Op is saying that she doesnt find Santa Barbara worth sacrificing for then maybe that is so. But if a person earning an average California nurses salary is happy wearing KMart clothes instead of Nordstroms, can make do with a $30 bottle of perfume instead a $130 one, I think they can make it in the Santa Barbara area. Of coarse some people wont be satisfied no matter where they are. Because they want everything right now. And with no sacrifice on thier part to get it. But what the hell do I know? I couldn"t tell you the first thing about an Audi.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:51 AM

5,031 posts, read 8,019,964 times
What I don't understand is how the poster, who is from Alabama, can so easily find Santa Barbara & Malibu to be so "ugly". Something isn't right with this picture

Old 01-09-2009, 04:44 PM

15,206 posts, read 24,835,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
What I don't understand is how the poster, who is from Alabama, can so easily find Santa Barbara & Malibu to be so "ugly". Something isn't right with this picture
It's the lack of Kudzu.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:54 PM

5,031 posts, read 8,019,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
It's the lack of Kudzu.
You devil

Old 01-10-2009, 12:30 AM

2,655 posts, read 7,165,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Great things if he [Tony Stricland] can get the legislature to change their ways. Unfortunatly he is only one guy and the majority up in Sacramento are not on his side. ...
Saw on the news this evening that ol' Tony had been out pacing up and down State Street in an effort to "get the pulse" of the people. Got an earful, I'm sure.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:06 AM

5 posts, read 14,508 times
Default Overrated...yes. Ok to visit.

I agree. SB is very overrated.

I think the reason that locals don't see it as overated is because they don't realize what their town is made out to be to the rest of the world. AND they don't get out enough to really make comparisons. That is typical of ALL places. SB is a place to visit for a short time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California