Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2008, 09:28 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,464,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouwse View Post
I rememnber corporal punishment in schools... the old Disneyland and Magic Mountain mentioned here... Busch Park... MarineLand... the Wild Animal Park where you drove through in your car and the animals roamed free ... movies were 25 cents and you could stay and watch it as many times as you liked??
Wasn't that called Lion Country Safari or something like that? I remember visiting when I was a kid. Marineland was cool, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 09:42 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,723,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Wasn't that called Lion Country Safari or something like that? I remember visiting when I was a kid. Marineland was cool, too.

The ruins of marineland

http://www.medium.images.californiac.../200406317.JPG

Old 07-03-2008, 05:18 PM

Larry Harmon, longtime Bozo the Clown, dead at 83 - Los Angeles Times (broken link)

Old 07-07-2008, 01:27 PM

182 posts, read 927,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Yes, Lion Country Safari. It becme problematic with attacks on visitors and it closed down....

Old 07-07-2008, 06:51 PM

1,482 posts, read 5,172,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouwse View Post
Yes, Lion Country Safari. It becme problematic with attacks on visitors and it closed down....
Did they have a camel ride there? You could choose between a camel or an elephant and I believe zebra was also an option. We have a picture of my sister riding a camel and me on an elephant that I swear was taken on a visit there but my parents can't remember where it was taken.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:57 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,732,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRandy View Post
Did they have a camel ride there? You could choose between a camel or an elephant and I believe zebra was also an option. We have a picture of my sister riding a camel and me on an elephant that I swear was taken on a visit there but my parents can't remember where it was taken.

Speaking of zebras, remember those poor donkeys they'd paint like a zebra in TJ for lamo tourists to have their pictures with? I don't know how many of those we did when I was a kid. Everytime we'd take someone new down there, we'd have to do the dumb donkey picture

Old 07-10-2008, 03:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,906 times
Default Cupid's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Larry Harmon, longtime Bozo the Clown, dead at 83 - Los Angeles Times (broken link)
Anyone remember CUPIDS HOT DOGS?! Are they still around? They were the very best! I am new today, stumbled onto this thread looking for a reference to Leo's Stereo. Ate dinner next to Della Reese once in 1981 at the Bob's in Toluca Lake. I want to thank all of you who added to this thread, I just spent more than 2 hours going through it. It was awesome to walk down memory lane.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14U2 View Post
Anyone remember CUPIDS HOT DOGS?! Are they still around? They were the very best! I am new today, stumbled onto this thread looking for a reference to Leo's Stereo. Ate dinner next to Della Reese once in 1981 at the Bob's in Toluca Lake. I want to thank all of you who added to this thread, I just spent more than 2 hours going through it. It was awesome to walk down memory lane.
Yep. There's a Cupids on Vanowen near Winnetka and one in Simi. Whenever we are in LA we stop at one of them.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:24 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,588,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14U2 View Post
Besides the Winnetka and Simi Valley locations, they also still have one of in Northridge, and another in Canoga Park. I believe these are the original (non-franchised) locations. There are also quite a few franchised locations. Some of those that I know about are San Fernando, Canyon Country, and Palmdale. I also knew about a couple others, but they closed down. For some reason, they aren't quite the same, though some of them have added to the menu. For example, at the San Fernando location, they offer a Saurkraut dog, which, as far as I know, was never offered at any of the original locations.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:32 PM

59 posts, read 350,543 times
Those poor donkeys painted like zebras are still there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California