U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-25-2012, 11:12 AM
 
Location: GLAMA
16,589 posts, read 19,085,026 times
Reputation: 16028
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotlesseden View Post

Of course, what do the police did in the Fresno case is wrong, but what's up with all the police bashing. Just because few bad apples in the police, it doesn't mean all of them are bad.
How many times have I heard that excuse given for the bad apples? Here's a suggestion: This topic is about the cops who abuse and murder the general public. Why don't you start a topic about the ones who don't?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-25-2012, 11:17 AM
 
Location: West Coast Wanderer
12,051 posts, read 9,892,010 times
Reputation: 5716
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotlesseden View Post
It goes both way. Homeless killed police too, just last week.
Ind. pastor killed; homeless woman charged - Local News - Indianapolis, IN - TODAY.com

If the police would kill this homeless woman first, the public would be all over him. Now he's dead, nobody cares.



Of course, what do the police did in the Fresno case is wrong, but what's up with all the police bashing. Just because few bad apples in the police, it doesn't mean all of them are bad.

Try to live your life without law enforcement, you will know that they are important. No comment on the Sacramento case, I don't have the full story.
Your cherry picking isn't even that good.

Do you recall the San Diego police officer that was murdered in cold blood for no apparent reason at all? He bought lunch for a kid in I believe a McDonald's. Went out to his car, was waiting at a traffic light and some thug walked up and shot him. There was a huge outcry over that even as cases of excessive force by police were increasing it seemed. People still care about the police being senselessly killed however that doesn't negate the higher standard they are held to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2012, 11:17 AM
 
565 posts, read 558,067 times
Reputation: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Your cherry picking isn't even that good.

Do you recall the San Diego police officer that was murdered in cold blood for no apparent reason at all? He bought lunch for a kid in I believe a McDonald's. Went out to his car, was waiting at a traffic light and some thug walked up and shot him. There was a huge outcry over that even as cases of excessive force by police were increasing it seemed. People still care about the police being senselessly killed however that doesn't negate the higher standard they are held to.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
How many times have I heard that excuse given for the bad apples? Here's a suggestion: This topic is about the cops who abuse and murder the general public. Why don't you start a topic about the ones who don't?
my bad, i didn't read the article carefully. Ok, fine if you only want to talk about the bad side. But i can start a topic about bad homeless people.

I didn't mean it should negate the higher standard. I said on my post that what they did were wrong. I just said, not all the police are bad.

this is what I posted. you guys only cherry what i posted.
Of course, what the police did in the Fresno case is wrong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2012, 11:20 AM
 
Location: GLAMA
16,589 posts, read 19,085,026 times
Reputation: 16028
Hey, go for it. Will you post excuses for cops murdering them, like what happened in Fullerton?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2012, 11:23 AM
 
Location: West Coast Wanderer
12,051 posts, read 9,892,010 times
Reputation: 5716
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotlesseden View Post
my bad, i didn't read the article carefully. Ok, fine if you only want to talk about the bad side. But i can start a topic about bad homeless people.

I didn't mean it should negate the higher standard. I said on my post that what they did were wrong. I just said, not all the police are bad.
But that's the problem. A few ruin it for all. Is it fair? No, but that's how it is. Like I said in a previous post, cops like this make it 10 times harder for the ones who aren't like this which is a good reason why the bad ones should be made into an example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2012, 11:26 AM
 
565 posts, read 558,067 times
Reputation: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Hey, go for it. Will you post excuses for cops murdering them, like what happened in Fullerton?

I believe that's second-degree murder, not first-degree since they didn't intent to go out there and kill that guy at the beginning of the day.
5-10 year in prison. I think the max is 15 years? Maybe less if the homeless guy resisted.
That's the only excuses that i have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2012, 11:30 AM
 
19,608 posts, read 11,885,051 times
Reputation: 16521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
I think you need to reread the article.

Pastors and Police whats the different, both imposing their will on the populace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2012, 11:31 AM
 
Location: West Coast Wanderer
12,051 posts, read 9,892,010 times
Reputation: 5716
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotlesseden View Post
I believe that's second-degree murder, not first-degree since they didn't intent to go out there and kill that guy at the beginning of the day.
5-10 year in prison. I think the max is 15 years?

That's the only excuses that i have.
It could go either way I think. The police are trained to know what they're doing and how much force to use. For starters, the Fullerton cops, one of them threatened to punch the guy with his fist. I'm pretty sure that's not a tactic they're trained to use let alone threatening someone like that. At that point, he was no different than the gang bangers on the streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2012, 11:35 AM
 
565 posts, read 558,067 times
Reputation: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
It could go either way I think. The police are trained to know what they're doing and how much force to use. For starters, the Fullerton cops, one of them threatened to punch the guy with his fist. I'm pretty sure that's not a tactic they're trained to use let alone threatening someone like that. At that point, he was no different than the gang bangers on the streets.
like i said i on my previous post. I don't know the detail. We will leave to the Justice department to decide, but it's hard to charge them with First Degree Murder.

Sorry man, you can't have 100% good people in any profession. You have teachers rape kids, politician steal public money, evil lawyers help people get get away with murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2012, 03:12 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
48,296 posts, read 38,853,635 times
Reputation: 20205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
I'm from the Govt. and I'm here to help. Scary words.

Hey they are just here protect and serve (themselves).

What a load of crap. Anyone still wonder why pigs are disliked?

And please, please, don't give me the tired "few bad apples" excuse. I have never, ever met a cop that I thought was a "normal" person and I'm a completely law abiding citizen.
people who have friends and family with various police dept would disagree with you on how normal police officers can be...I find this sad and appalling you would think something like that. Yes, it takes a special personality to want to be a police officer and yes, the uniform can create a feeling of power, but may I remind you, cops put their lives on the line for us everyday, just like our military personel do. Do you feel the same way about our armed forces? Doyou have any idea what police officers put up with or what they face almost daily? Don't you kinow a few doctors that are complete jerks and how about attoneys? Every profession has good and bad people.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:04 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top