U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 11:34 PM

646 posts, read 1,113,034 times
I've got to plug my own Cal State Fullerton. We've got a brand new huge Business, Accounting, & Economics college. Also a brand new giant recreation center with an indoor track, olypmic swimming pool, weights & exercise machines, etc. The faculty is generally very good. A great teacher credential program too. The campus is nice and has a round table pizza, carls jr. togos, green burrito, starbucks, pub, chinese, italian, etc all on campus. I have no complaints other than parking is a little rough. But I'm so glad I am at fullerton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 12:20 AM

337 posts, read 589,365 times
I don't know much about Long Beach, but I'd guess to say Pomona. First of all, it's probably located near the Clairmont colleges (Harvey Mudd, Pitzer, Scripps, Clairmont McKenna) which is among the most prestigious small universities in the country. I'm guessing CS Pomona would be helped by that network.

Fullerton is a beautiful campus with a lot of investment in it's campus. I'd give it second.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:27 AM

3,743 posts, read 6,058,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocker27ka View Post
I've got to plug my own Cal State Fullerton. We've got a brand new huge Business, Accounting, & Economics college. Also a brand new giant recreation center with an indoor track, olypmic swimming pool, weights & exercise machines, etc. The faculty is generally very good. A great teacher credential program too. The campus is nice and has a round table pizza, carls jr. togos, green burrito, starbucks, pub, chinese, italian, etc all on campus. I have no complaints other than parking is a little rough. But I'm so glad I am at fullerton.
there is a burger king, panda express, juice it up, el polo loco, subway, pub, grocery store, and book store.

traffic is a problem on campus like at fullerton. its what u get with a commuter school. CSUN started up their first year freshmen experience program which includes new dorm buildings, 1 week early orientation of the campus and area, and each month the program takes students on trips around LA.

and they are building a state-of-the-art performing arts center on the campus.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:46 PM

27 posts, read 119,412 times
Is CSU Pomona a better school or is CSU San Lois Obispo a better school? I'm just talking about reputation, environment, culture, etc. Not specific in terms of which field of major.

Do they both offer dormitory for freshman?

Old 03-20-2009, 02:50 PM

1,689 posts, read 4,115,806 times
Cal Poly SLO is considered the better school and better location. I'm sure they have frosh dorms too.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Status: "Give just a little of yourself to others." (set 10 days ago)

48,906 posts, read 40,259,380 times
I don't know which of the two would be considered better, but if I were about to enter college (god forbid at my age) or having a child entering I would want them to seriously consider CAl Poly SLO..

Nita

Old 03-20-2009, 06:16 PM

7 posts, read 22,860 times
Well I go to CSUF so I might be a bit bias. CSUF is a commuter school but still has a lot of clubs and events and the people are great as well. If you are undecided they have a career center that can point you in the right direction. CSUF is known as a business school so you might want to look into the different concentrations in that area.

Old 09-19-2009, 01:19 PM

1 posts, read 10,335 times
Fullerton is probably #1 in terms of popularity and education wise. It is the largest of the CSU's w/37,000 students. They have the largest Business & Economics school in the West Coast & 6th in the nation. They also have a great kinesiology program, especially if u want to be a physical therapist. Computer science & engineering is good as well. If you play baseball Fullerton is very good, 4 time national champs. On campus there is a Carl's Jr. Starbucks, Juice it Up, Round Table Pizza, Togo's, Green Burrito, Busy Bee Chinese food, a Pub and a few convenience shops. They also have the new Student Recreation Center: 4 full court basketball courts, raquetball couts, yoga/dance studios, cardio equipment with tv's, free weights, auxillary machines, rock climbing wall, indoor track, outdoor simming pool/lounge area. They also have an entertainment area called TSU Underground: Bowling alley, pub, 8 pool tables, 2 ping pong tables, video game lounge with 6 flat screen tv's and xbox's with most current sports games, arcade, 4 big screen tv's with huge couches to relax etc... The best part though is probably all the beautiful ladies that attend there, it is in the OC after all. The dorms are nice, they are apartment style but they are currently building a lot more dorms that are more traditional: meal plan, dining hall etc.. Only downfall is the parking, if you get there after 10oclock u have to park pretty far away. Traffic to and from there is pretty bad as well, especially on the 57. Overall its a great school

Old 09-19-2009, 10:51 PM

5 posts, read 14,326 times
What amusment park is right next to CSUN? I agree that CSUN has a very nice campus and its in a safe area. However I would never want to live on Campus, I thnk Northridge is a pretty dull city and don't like it much overall. I think CSUN is a great school to commute to.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:10 AM

1,159 posts, read 2,331,143 times
My dad and I are both alumni of Cal State Fullerton. Good school with a pleasant atmosphere.

Cal State Long Beach is considered more of a party school. But it's in a decent area, unlike Cal State L.A.

Have heard good things about Northridge, but don't know that much about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California