Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 12:53 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,939,161 times

Advertisements

Since Scrubby and Lloyds bit the mustard so to speak, what in your opinion is the best Hamburger place in the area?

I know there is an In-and-Out in Atascadero, but what is the best hometown burger?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 02:42 PM

371 posts, read 1,818,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Trails View Post
Since Scrubby and Lloyds bit the mustard so to speak, what in your opinion is the best Hamburger place in the area?

I know there is an In-and-Out in Atascadero, but what is the best hometown burger?
Ive heard about some place in Los Osos with huge burgers--dont know what the name is though.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:55 PM

1,634 posts, read 6,696,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimstuff View Post
Ive heard about some place in Los Osos with huge burgers--dont know what the name is though.
Sylvester's in Los Osos and they just opened a Sylvester's in Atascadero.
Sylvester's has good burgers, big and messy. You need lots of napkins. They're a different style, big on sauce. I like their mushroom chicken burger.

I'm a big burger guy. I haven't been out much, this economy has bit me in the butt, but here are my pick's.

Los Osos- Sylvester's
Morro Bay- Lil' Hut
Cambria- Main Street Grill
SLO- Firestone
Arroyo Grande- Village Cafe (I think that's it, it's the burger joint in Old Town)
Grover, Pismo and Nipomo? not sure where the good burgers are there
Atascadero- In-N-Out and possibly the new Sylvester's
Paso Robles- Good Ol' Burgers
San Miguel and Creston? not sure. But I've always heard the Long Branch or Loading Chute was a good place to eat in Creston. Never had a burger from the Pozo Saloon in Pozo, they might be good?

Old 03-12-2009, 05:20 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,597,623 times
In AG it's Village Grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA central coast View Post
Sylvester's has good burgers, big and messy. You need lots of napkins. They're a different style, big on sauce. I like their mushroom chicken burger.

I'm a big burger guy. I haven't been out much, this economy has bit me in the butt, but here are my pick's.

Los Osos- Sylvester's
Morro Bay- Lil' Hut
SLO- Firestone
Arroyo Grande- Village Cafe (I think that's it, it's the burger joint in Old Town)
San Miguel and Creston? not sure. But I've always heard the Long Branch or Loading Chute was a good place to eat in Creston. Never had a burger from the Pozo Saloon in Pozo, they might be good?

Old 03-12-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:

Los Osos- Sylvester's
Morro Bay- Lil' Hut
SLO- Firestone
Thanks Ca Central Coast, I always like the local recommendations. I have eaten at the Village Cafe but never had the burger. Something to look forward to.

I can see I have my work cut out for me. It is a dirty job but someone has to do it!

Old 03-12-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
I have eaten at the Village Cafe but never had the burger.
It's Villiage Grill as a previous poster stated. There is a Villiage Cafe, it's not the burger joint.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:01 AM

169 posts, read 761,891 times
Quote:
Thanks Ca Central Coast, I always like the local recommendations. I have eaten at the Village Cafe but never had the burger. Something to look forward to.

I can see I have my work cut out for me. It is a dirty job but someone has to do it!
Congratulations Dean Trails!! At least you have a job in this economy.
Now if only I could find a 'testing sandy beaches' job!!!!

Old 03-13-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
It's Villiage Grill as a previous poster stated. There is a Villiage Cafe, it's not the burger joint.
Picky, Picky.....At least I knew it was the Village something.
Ya know, Arroyo Grande downtown only has say 3 or 4 restaturants. The strip businesses down seem to have a glut of them. I am not sure where Arroyo ends and Oceano and Grover Beach start. They all kind of run together.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Picky, Picky.....At least I knew it was the Village something.
Ya know, Arroyo Grande downtown only has say 3 or 4 restaturants. The strip businesses down seem to have a glut of them. I am not sure where Arroyo ends and Oceano and Grover Beach start. They all kind of run together.
They all run together. If you're at the stoplight next to A.J. Spurs Restaurant in, well I guess techinically Pismo Beach, you can see the Arroyo Grande and Grover Beach city limits signs like 50 feet apart. I may be wrong, but I don't think there is a separation between Pismo, Arroyo, Grover and Oceano. I believe they all run into each other.

And the Villiage Grill and Villiage Cafe thing? Those two restaurants are actually down the street from each other. I was pointing out that someone could get confused which is which, because they both exist, and their food is different. Villiage Cafe may have good burgers as well? But, Villiage Grill has great burgers, fries and chocolate malts. Good stuff.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
They all run together. If you're at the stoplight next to A.J. Spurs Restaurant in, well I guess techinically Pismo Beach, you can see the Arroyo Grande and Grover Beach city limits signs like 50 feet apart. I may be wrong, but I don't think there is a separation between Pismo, Arroyo, Grover and Oceano. I believe they all run into each other.

And the Villiage Grill and Villiage Cafe thing? Those two restaurants are actually down the street from each other. I was pointing out that someone could get confused which is which, because they both exist, and their food is different. Villiage Cafe may have good burgers as well? But, Villiage Grill has great burgers, fries and chocolate malts. Good stuff.
Oh, there are 2 of them!!! Now I see why I was so confused! Someone will probably come up with a Cafe Grill or a Grilled Cafe and really get me going!
I will have to do a comparison test the next time I am in the Village!
Thanks for setting me straight!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California