U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 02:05 PM

50,018 posts, read 42,368,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
Please list your *other* requirements so ppl can better answer your questions.

For example if you are still in school do you plan on continuing? If so do they have the type of school you will need to attend anywhere near Crecent City?

I have visited the town and it does have it charms. For a person a tight budget it would be a decent place to live with beautiful scenery. The thing is we all have different standards. But I know I would much rather live in Crescent City than Fontana.

You live in places like Fontana because it is cheap and close to LA. When in LA you access to great universities and other things. But of course there are negatives as already mentioned.

Anywhere near San Luis Obispo would be much better than LA in terms of environment. I don't know if you can find a place for that little. But who knows.

An alternative would be to rent near where you will be going to school, then buy once you graduate. Try to write your goals out and prioritize them. Then think of achieving them in stages. Maybe finish school is first or???

Crescent City, while nice, has a pretty depressed economy - more than most in California. It is a very small town with not much industry to speak of. You can work at the prison and few other places. But it is much nicer than Fontana. Here is a recent shot:

Derek
awesome picture!!!!

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrulez View Post
Nita, I havent asked my realtor, a person here said of a place which was in SLO, and I wanted to confirm if it was possible. Which, now, I have been told, isn't possible.
Patti, I will ask my realtor about that, its in CA right?
msrulez,

what do you do for a living and who takes care of your children when you are both working and in school? I am not going to ask you about income, it is none of anyones business except the loan officer, but I hope this realtor of yours has pre-qualified you for a loan and explained what your income must be to pay $1100 per month. Is the $1100 including taxes and all the insurance??/

Nita

Old 03-19-2009, 02:33 PM

9 posts, read 18,093 times
The town is Crescent City, California Del Norte County at the Oregon Border and next to Brookings, Oregon. That is what I am talking about and where my house is located three blocks from the pacific ocean. Have your realtor or you yourself look at the City of Crescent City website and you will learn more about our smallest county in the State of California. I work for the Tribal Police in Klamath, California which is south of Crescent City and Brookings, Oregon and the crime rate is not that bad and we have the same problems with METH as any other county in the state because it has invaded everywhere. If you have kids and want to raise a family in Crescent City I would recommend this place to anyone and I miss my home and living here. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about Del Norte County pnorton@yuroktribe.nsn.us

Old 03-19-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Patti View Post
The town is Crescent City, California Del Norte County at the Oregon Border and next to Brookings, Oregon. That is what I am talking about and where my house is located three blocks from the pacific ocean. Have your realtor or you yourself look at the City of Crescent City website and you will learn more about our smallest county in the State of California. I work for the Tribal Police in Klamath, California which is south of Crescent City and Brookings, Oregon and the crime rate is not that bad and we have the same problems with METH as any other county in the state because it has invaded everywhere. If you have kids and want to raise a family in Crescent City I would recommend this place to anyone and I miss my home and living here. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about Del Norte County pnorton@yuroktribe.nsn.us
Meth problems not just in Ca but I think every state...

Old 03-19-2009, 04:59 PM

22 posts, read 39,139 times
I work as a manager at a retail store. I dont have kids they are my brothers and sisters. The 1100 per month includes insurance and I asked her about the annual tax that I would have to pay on the house, she told me that I wouldnt have to pay the tax. I need your wise guidance on this as well.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrulez View Post
I work as a manager at a retail store. I dont have kids they are my brothers and sisters. The 1100 per month includes insurance and I asked her about the annual tax that I would have to pay on the house, she told me that I wouldnt have to pay the tax. I need your wise guidance on this as well.
my advise, if you really are bound and determined to buy a house find another realtor like yesterday.....Of course you have have to pay taxes. At least you do not have to worry about child care..

Please think about what you want from life, maybe even college isn't right for you at this time..Maybe you need to find a town or location that fits your lifestyle, see if it fits your budget as well and go from there. My wise advice, some certainly would disagree with you.

Nita

Old 03-20-2009, 12:10 PM

22 posts, read 39,139 times
Thank you.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:26 PM

3,794 posts, read 4,885,287 times
>>>>and if you need to finish school, all there is in Crescent City is a satellite campus of a junior college. You'd have to drive 90 miles (one way)to Humboldt State to get a BA. The pictures are nice but when you see the REST of Crescent City you will get a much different impression. I hope you're not thinking of relocating ANYWHERE without visiting first?? Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California